CHAPTER 52

Anna's POV

The horn of his car is louder now. This is the second time he is honking, I know he doesn't want to come in.

I am done with my make-up and dressing up for more than ten minutes now. But I have been staring at the mirror, doing nothing other than admiring myself and thinking about what the future holds for me.

When Aidan honks his car again from outside, I know it is time to go before I get on his bad side on a special day like this. I stand up from the small stool facing my mirror and watch myself in the mirror for a while. 

My new hairstyle is Teased Chignon with tendrils and my red high-end flowing evening party dress is glowing. I am wearing black stiletto heels and black stone earrings. Mother had specifically picked this particular dress out of the five dresses I got for the party. 

I did my make-up myself and I am proud of the result.

I take a deep breath and pick up my black shiny purse from the table before moving out of my bedroom. I am taking a step at a time, walking slowly like a model. When I get to the living room, my eyes are on the wall clock and I realize it is half past 6 already.

No wonder Aidan had been honking the car persistently, I thought to myself.

I get to the front door and pull it open. I almost bump into a furious-looking Aidan when I step out. He is on the front porch about to enter the house.

"What took you so long?" He queries me.

"Sorry", I mutter. 

His gaze falls on my dress and he looks at me from head to toe. I am hoping he will comment on my look as I admire his dress too. He is dressed in a blue Armani suit and suede shiny black shoes. 

His beards are well shaved and he looks more handsome today. His eyes are clear tonight like the ocean that has no worries and his face holds no emotions as usual. 

Even though I like him in this dress, I still prefer seeing him in casual wears, just like I saw him the second time he came to our house. He was looking damn hot.

I slap myself mentally when he calls my name.

"Let's go, we are late already", he turns back to go to the car. I quickly lock the door and follow him behind quietly. 

I am thinking Aidan will act like a gentleman for once in his life by opening the car for me but he didn't. I can see this is not the car I always see him with, this is bigger but I don't know the name. I see a middle aged man on the wheels. I never knew Aidan has a driver. 

The man gets down and open the back door for me after bowing in greeting. Aidan opens the side and hops in beside me.

He looks away as if we are not together and his action is upsetting but I don't want to be angry on a special day like this. Today will be a day to make things official between us and in a week, I will become his bride.