CHAPTER 82

Anna's POV

I couldn't summon up the courage to call mother as Tony suggested until this morning. I apologized to her and she said nothing. I tried calling her again to ask if she is home so I can visit her before Tony comes to pick me up but her number wasn't going through.

I gave up after a while and spent time with Lily. I fed and bathed her myself before going to get ready for my date. I hope nothing will disrupt my date today, unlike yesterday. I also hope Tony won't ask me anything concerning the apology.

I take my time to look good tonight. I put the Lavender dress over my head, after rubbing the lotion on my body and wearing my pants and bra. The dress flowed below my feet and I put on diamond earrings with a matching necklace.

I put on light make-up and wear strappy diamond heels. The horn of the car outside notifies me of Tony's presence. He is always right on time. I feel there is no need for a purse, so I pick up my phone only and stroll out.

He isn't outside today, he is inside the car, behind the wheels. I didn't bother to tell Tania bye, I know she will only roll her eyes in reply. She doesn't like Tony, she says.

I smile at Tony and he reciprocates before coming out to open the car door for me.

"Good evening, beauty", he pecks my hand.

"Good evening, handsome", I chuckle. He closes the door and goes over to the driver's seat. He jumps in and pulls out of the driveway.

I am delighted and optimistic about tonight's date. I am hoping it will end well. I didn't know when Aidan came back last night from God knows where and I didn't see him this morning either.

"I thought the lady that came out to meet me last night was your mother, not until I saw the other woman and the resemblance between you too", He points out.

I know he must be talking about Tania. I laugh shortly. "She was the one you met at the hospital. How can you forget her face so soon?"

"Really?" He opens his eyes wide. "I never knew she was the one."

"Maybe it's because it was dark", I say.

"Yeah, probably." He shrugs.

"How was your day?" He looks surprised that I am asking about his day.

He smiles. "It was great and yours?"

"Fine. Hope work wasn't stressful today?"

"Yeah, I had to leave early because of our date", he tells me.

"Oh!" I rest my head on the seat and look out of the window after watching him for a while. I am thinking of what plans he has for the future and if he wants to be married too someday. 

I am hoping that I will be free from this prison called marriage by the time Tony is ready to settle down. I want a glamorous proposal and a simple wedding. I am hoping this man before me will give me that. I am also hoping for a happy marriage.