CHAPTER 65

Anna's POV

I have two fathers? How is that even possible? How can I have two fathers? One of them has to be my biological father.

I couldn't wait for the next day to get my answers so I went out to the car after leaving Aidan in his room. I am fucking pissed at him. I was already in my pajamas when he arrived and I didn't bother to go change before coming here. Mother is in a straight skirt with a maroon peplum top. 

I sit with numbness staring at her but her sob jerks me out of my reverie. A tear trickles down her eyes and  I find myself unable to ask her why I have two fathers. 

My head is blank and I can't seem to find an answer to the question myself. Instead of answers, more questions were arising. 

Is it possible for two men to father a child? Was my mother cheating on my father? Was she dishonest with him? How did she end up with two men in her life?

I am looking into space with more questions coming up, making it difficult for me to reach any conclusion. I believe my mother is the only me who can shed more light on the issue of my father.

"The man you've always known as your father isn't your biological father", she begins and I shift my gaze back to her.

"But I wish and I have always wished he is", she stares at me.

"You loved him more than you loved my father?" I peer at her with curiosity. It is obvious she does. Now I am getting answers. The man who died was not my father but the man she loved.

She looks away. "Your father didn't accept you as his child when I became pregnant. His parents wanted us to be married and they liked me. He didn't love me..... "

"Did you love him?" I cut her short.

"I used to." She affirms. Then she continues. "His father threatened to disown him if he didn't accept me. He had no choice but to marry me. He knew he would go broke for life if his father disowns him. The marriage was a bitter one and a week before you arrived, he left."

He left? Why? 

She use her hand to wipe her tears. "I didn't want to tell his parents about his disappearance until you came to the world. I went into labor and no one was around to help me to the hospital. I called his mother and she came running to my rescue. They asked of him and I had to tell them the truth. They gave me their support and we were patiently waiting for his arrival but he never came back. After a year, his parents asked me to go back to the house, I knew they were tired of me. The fact that I didn't give birth to a male like their expectation was also a factor. I left for home but I couldn't sleep. The memories of how he usually abused me kept coming and I decided to sell the house out. I felt unwanted so I left the town for somewhere, that was how I met Fred, your second father", she smiles sadly at the last statement.

"He accepted us with open arms and took us in. We began to live together and he loved you like his own", another tear drops from her eyes before she can wipe it.