CHAPTER 53

Tessa's POV

Aidan is not picking up his calls. I am going crazy with fear and anger. I am trying to calm myself down as I pace the floor of my room with the phone glued to my ears. 

I am already dressed and I can't think of one single reason why he hasn't come to pick me up. Why can't he send his driver if he is busy?

He sent me the dress I am wearing and I can't even wait for him to see me in it. I have a new hairstyle and I have glamorous makeup on my face.

I don't want to go alone because I want us to go to the party together. This is my plan and that of Trevor's. Besides, Aidan also said the same thing yesterday and this morning and now I can't think of anything.

"Goodness", I flop to the bed. "What the hell is happening?" A sudden feeling of uneasiness sweeps through me. 

Something isn't right, I say inwardly.

Did something bad happen to Aidan? Why isn't he here yet? Should I just tell the driver to take me there while I wait for him in the car then we can go out together when he arrives? What if the media sees us coming out from different cars?

I sit upright, trying to figure out what the problem is. Should I call my father or Trevor?

It is past 8 pm already and I was told the event was going to start at 7 pm.

I can no longer stay here and die of curiosity. I should go and see things for myself, I say inwardly and pick up my phone from the bed. 

I stand up and begin to walk to the door when the door opens and Zoe comes in. I am relieved she is here. I had called her after waiting and calling Aidan for 30 minutes. Zoe and I were supposed to go to the party differently since Aidan was supposed to come to pick me up.

"What happened?" She questions with wide eyes. She looks at me from head to toe, waiting for a reply. I don't even know what to tell her. I am having a sinking feeling that the reason why Aidan isn't here is really bad and not favorable.

"Tessa?" She touches my arms. I am jerked out of my thoughts by her touch and I move to the bed to sit. I am beginning to have a throbbing headache. Zoe follows me in and closes the door.

I admire her dress. She is wearing a mini backless party dress with black heels. Her hair is loose and she is wearing stud earrings. I am wearing the lavender dress Aidan sent to me, instead of my initial plan to wear a high neck red velvet party dress with black heels. 

The lavender gown has a slit up to my thighs and I love it. I am wearing it because I love it and because Aidan choosed it.

"Tessa", Zoe calls me again as she sits beside me on the bed. I am looking towards the window opposite the side of my bed. It has a brown sofa beside it and I feel like sitting on the sofa to get enough air from the window.

From my bed, I can see how great the night is but it isn't great for me and I am having a feeling that it will turn bad if Aidan doesn't pick for the last time.