CHAPTER 68

Tessa's POV

This new lifestyle of mine is beginning to bore me to death. Being a good girl for more than 6 months and not having the time to sneak out to parties with Zoe is frustrating but I feel it is time to break free from my father's hold and watchful eyes.

I hate corporate outfits but I find myself wearing them for more than 5 months now. 

I find myself going to work with dad every morning, just so I can appease him. It wasn't fun at first until I stumbled upon Williams and one other guy who is a new intake. Williams and I became really close and I began to feel coming to work is worth it as far as he keeps admiring my sexy dresses and shapes.

I now barely remember how depressed I was months ago about the humiliation that befell me but I guess I was able to get out of it because of how fast the videos and pictures about that night went off the media. I don't know if my father is the one responsible for doing that or Aidan but I am grateful to whoever did it. I don't know if I will still be able to show my face to the world if it had gone viral that I was dumped for a local girl.

I have come to terms with my hatred for men in suits. I like Williams too and he wears a suit almost every day. I like the way he worships my body like the most beautiful woman on earth, and he doesn't seize to tell me how beautiful I am. 

But last night, the sex wasn't the same. It was gentle and I felt it was lovemaking. I didn't enjoy It. I wanted him to be rough with me like always but then I figured out that something was amiss and that is why I have concluded that it is high time I left this f***ing job. 

What I figured out is the fact that he is falling in love with me and I don't want that. I don't want us to get uncomfortable with each other. The only man I can love is Aidan. Any other man is just a sex partner.

I am sitting on the chair in my office and twirling it in boredom when an idea suddenly takes form in my head. I grin at the sudden thought of lying that I am ill to my father so I can take some days off from work. That way I can figure out how to stop coming to this hellhole.

I stand up abruptly and take my phone to text my father. It is lunchtime but I know my father will be busy. He usually makes use of the lunch break to host private clients in his private suite within the company's building. I know he won't see the message now and I can't be stopped.

I pick up my bag when I am done and walk graciously to the exit. I won't go home, I will call mom to help me lie to dad that I was home before I left for Zoe's apartment. 

I am going straight to Zoe's and I don't intend to go back home anytime soon. I know if I am home, dad will get to know that I am fine. He might question me for staying at my friend's place instead of coming home but I will figure out another lie to feed him with.

I miss Zoe and I can't wait to see her. I walk quietly to the elevator to take me downstairs where I can drive to my destination. I wait patiently for it to stop before entering. My eyes fall on Tony the moment I enter.

"Tony", I beam at him. Tony is the new worker and I have my eyes on him.

"Hi", He smiles shyly. I didn't notice the lady inside is with him until he shines an apologetic smile her way. 

I gasp when I see her face. She looks different, she is now looking more sophisticated than she looked six months ago.

"Anna?" I call.

She shifts her gaze to me but I find no sign of recognition. 

Isn't she the one?

"How are you, Tessa?" She smiles at me. I almost thought she didn't recognize me. I look from her to Tony wondering what she is doing here and why she is with Tony.

"What are you doing here?" I can't hold my curiosity.

She throws me a harsh glare and turns to Tony. "Let's go."

Tony nods as the door opens and they both walk out. She is wearing a red V-neck short gown with strappy heels. She has her lips in red gloss and that was why I could barely remember her.

I watch them go out of sight till the elevator closes back and begins to go down. I tilt my head and think deeply. They look close together and I wonder if Anna is cheating on Aidan. 

How do they know each other? I ask.

Then I begin to think of the possible ways they know each other and what form of relationship is between them.

Suddenly, I remember seeing the college Tony graduated from and I figure out it is the same as Anna's. I saw her picture on the day of graduation. 

Ever since the award night, I have been spying on her on social media. But the picture didn't show her full length so I didn't know she had already given birth then, until later when Damien informed me.

I grin widely as the elevator stops and I walk to the driveway.

If they are from the same college, then it means there is something between them. They must have been in a relationship before the wedding with Aidan but now they want to either continue from where they stopped or they have continued already.

Then it means one thing.

Anna is cheating on Aidan. I know Aidan hates sharing but this is something I can use to destroy their marriage.

That way, I can finally have Aidan to myself, if Anna is out of the picture.

 ****

What is happening?

Do you think Tessa will tell Aidan about seeing Anna with another guy? How will Aidan react to the news? Has Anna finally given in to Tony?

Air your views and don't forget to vote.

💓