CHAPTER 78

Aidan's POV

I bumped into a familiar man at the entrance of the hospital. He apologized calmly with a smile before I could say anything. 

He walked past me and I keep trying to remember where I know him from until I get to the ward where Anna is. I see Tania in the corridor and she leads me in, taking the package in my hand. She had called to tell me to get food on my way here for Anna and I went to the nearest restaurant to the hospital.

When I get into the ward and see the guilty look on Anna's face and how she looked away, I figure out who the man is. I remember the picture Tessa gave me and I realize he is the man Anna kissed In the picture.

Why didn't he look like he knows me if he is the one?

Could it be that he doesn't know me? If he doesn't know me, then it means he is not aware that Anna is married. 

I am sure Anna asked him to go before I came here from the way she is looking guilty. I want to be angry with her but I know this is not the right time to be angry.

"What did the doctor say?" I sit on the bed, staring at Tania who is opening the food for Anna to eat. Anna didn't greet me and I didn't too.

"He said she is stressed and she needs to rest well", Tania replied.

I turn to face Anna. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine", she only says. I feel relieved that it is nothing serious. I watch her take the food from Tania and begin to dig into it. She ate hurriedly and I remember she said she doesn't have an appetite the day before.

"Did you eat the food I asked you to eat last night?" I ask her, unable to contain my curiosity.

"No", she answers and continues eating. 

I watch her. Her face looks pale and her lips are white. She looks sick. I begin to feel bad too. I feel responsible. I am sure it is because of the fact that she cried out her eyes two nights ago till the next day and the fact that she skipped her meals yesterday is the reason why she landed in the hospital.

"Thanks for the food", she thanks me. I am surprised but I shrug nonchalantly. She finishes up the food and Tania takes the plates away.

"When can she go home?"

"The doctor says when you are here, we can go home. All she needs is enough rest." I nod. 

Since I have decided to become a changed man, I guess this is where I ought to start from. I am going to begin to pay attention to Anna's welfare and I will make sure she always eat on time. Even though I am tempted to ask her about the guy from earlier, I want to know if my instincts are right, but I didn't.

If only she can just tell him off, so we can begin afresh. We don't need to make a big deal out of our relationship but I want to treat her better. I want her to be happy and free with me. I know she doesn't love me and I don't too, but we should be comfortable in each other's presence. I am deeply sorry for all the pains I have caused her but I can't apologize now, it will sound stupid.