CHAPTER 36

Anna's POV

"I don't feel like going out, Pam", I complain, coming out of the bathroom in a towel.

"Come on", she moves over to me and nudges me. "It's going to be fun", she beams. 

She pulls me back to the open closet and begins to search for a dress for me to wear. She sees a low maroon party dress and hauls it out.

"Here", she gives me. I sigh again before taking it from her. 

When she called me earlier and heard me crying, she disconnected the call and before I knew it, the doorbell rang. 

Pamela came in and hugged me tightly. I told her everything, she only consoled me without asking me any questions. Then she brings up the idea of going to a party. I said no but she insisted.

"Let's get you dressed so we can go have fun with our baby", she grins widely and drops the dress on the bed. I am about to move to the dressing mirror when I remember mom.

"Is mom still in your house?" I frown. I had tried calling her but her number wasn't going through. 

"I didn't come from home", she informs me while leading me to the small stool in front of the mirror. I pick up my lotion and begin to rub it on my body. 

"Where were you?" I ask her with curiosity.

"I was out."

"Out where?" I eye her.

"You talk too much. Get dressed, let's go", she rolls her eyes at me. I didn't say anything else. It is obvious she doesn't want to talk about where she went too and I won't budge her. I want to act like her for once. 

She doesn't budge me to tell her things when I am not ready to and that is the exact thing I am going to do now. 

I finish rubbing the lotion on my body and wear the dress. Pamela pulls out my drawer and brings out a silver stud earring. She wears it for me before applying a little makeup to my face. When we are done, she stands behind me with arms akimbo, watching me from the mirror in satisfaction.

I rise and turn to face her. "You are good to go." She smiles and turns back to the closet. She bends down to pick up a shoe for me to wear. She picks up the silver heels and stretches them to me. I take it without a word.

"Let's go", she grabs my hand after I pick my phone up from the dressing table before we move out. I lock the door and follow her to the car.

I sit beside her, wear my seatbelt and close my eyes as she drives away from the house. I am thinking of everything. 

Even though I don't want to go to the party, I know having a night out with Pamela will calm my nerves. I intend to still fight with mom when she comes back home. I need to let her know how disappointed I am with her behavior.