Chapter 3

Ares's Pov

I stood in the balcony and watched my kingdom and the village, they look peaceful making a slight smirk in my face. A knock on the door was heard.

Turning around with an angry face "Who is there to disturb my morning?!" I raised my voice, the door opened by a maid who was trembling to put the tray on the night stand "f-forgive me for disturbing you, y-your highness but the King request your presence"

I tilted my head, looking at her up and down. Just a simple maid "Come here" I said, the maid still looking down while shaking as she heard my voice "b-but i dont want-" I cutted her off by throwing the books from my nightstand "Did i ask for your permission? I said come here!" I raised my voice.

No one disobeys me and this maid needs to be teach a lesson. The poor maid slowly walked to me and I grab her quickly while she closed her eyes in frightened of what im about to do to her. "You know, servant. You really are the worst" I said before pulling my knife out without her knowing.

The maid still shakes in my tight hold on her "Forgive me, your highness. I will not do the same mistake agai- ahh!" She screamed in agony as I stabbed her by her waist, pulling her by the hair "I dont accept apologies from a useless servant, now get out of my chamber!" I screamed before letting her go.

She fell on the ground in pain but managed to stand up to run, I smirked. She wont last a minute of living, physician are only made for the royal and noble bloods. I took the tray and walked to the balcony, throwing the food as I looked down and saw the people screaming while grabbing the food "mine!" "Let go of the cup, this is mine!"

Hearing the people being greedy to each other making me satisfied and even more to hear they're cries in agony, I caressed the ring in my finger "Just a month before my coronation. et gouverner le royaume avec les ténèbres(rule the kingdom with darkness)" I said to myself with a proud smirk.

Delia's Pov

Opening my eyes slowly to see im in the bed, I quickly sit up "Mother!" I gasped and looked around me. Unfamilliar old room "my lady, you have awoken" The man in the corner said, I held my head "what happened?" I asked.

"You passed out, my lady" I shake my head "You are too formal, you can call me by my name" I said with a simple smile, the man furrowed his brows "Why so sudden, my lady. Are you perhaps comfortable to tell me?" He asked.

I chuckled "Of course, you saved me. Thank you." I replied, the man just showed his little smile "My pleasure, would you like something to eat, my lady?" He asked, I sighed. "Alright, call me whatever you want and also i'm fine and full stomach" I replied while circling my stomach with my hand.

The man just look at me weirdly but he seems to understand me a little, I changed the topic "May I ask your name?" I asked. The man was surprised "une dame demande mon nom!" He exclaimed, I frowned my brows "uh, so your name?". The man shake his head "My lady first" He said.

I giggled "My name is Delia, Nice to meet you sir" I said before forwarding my hand for a handshake, the man look down at my hand weirdly. I chuckled awkwardly before pulling my hand back "Maybe handshake is not famous in this time, great delia you are too smart to know about it." I said to myself while gritting my teeth to control my voice down.

"Edmund" He said, I look up to him confusedly "what? Uh i mean, pardon?" I asked trying not to be in modern times speaking. "The name's edmund, my lady" He said with a straight smile, making me smiled back "Edmund, nice to meet you" I said before forwarding my hand for a handshake again, i realised that i forgot that no handshake 2 decades ago. I twirl my hand back to my side as if nothing happened.

"You okay?" He asked, I nodded and smiled slightly "Yes, im fine. Edmund, everything is fine" I said.

2 minutes of talking with edmund, I ran out of his house and into the woods as I screamed "I'm not fine! Jelianna, mother please save me please get me out of here!!" I cried out as tears form in my eyes.

Suddenly I heard a growl somewhere, i stopped crying and quickly wiped my tears. I think i heard a bear or a wolf? I heard the growl again, slowly turning around as I found a black wolf behind me like a little farther meters from me.

I turn around slowly, closing my eyes. I don't want to die like this, i have to run. My heart was beating so fast as it was too not ready to die, while i slowly move back carefully not to trigger the wolf who looked hungry. I accidentally stepped on a twig.

Making the wolf's ear turned to me, I widened my eyes as I quickly ran with all my energy and speed, making the wolf to run behind, chasing me with 4 feets. Sweats form in my forehead as my belly start to hurt from running, i can feel the wolf getting closer to me while I was slowing down.

When the wolf from behind was about to jump on me, a grip caught my body out from the ground as I was sat on the horse with someone's hands around my waist, making me held the person's shoulder in surprise.

Everything happened so fast, I look up to my rescuer to see a pair of dark green eyes looking right at me so close right infront of my face as we look each other while the horse we rode ran so fast than the wolf.

It was like the 2 of us in the world, The man kept looking at me with the eyes that I cant explain. We kept looking each other's eyes until the horse stopped deep in the woods and the wolf was gone.

"Aren't you going to thank me for saving your life?" Finally his deep voice was heard while he cant stop looking at me with those dark green eyes.