Chapter 23

Delia's Pov

We walked inside the simple yet beautiful cottage house and we got greeted by a middle age woman in her 30's as she looked at our way and smiled kindly "edmund you are back what a pleasant surprise" She said.

I kept looking at her curiously, is this the friend that edmund talked about? "Yes, forgive me for the quick surprise of how we came here so sudden but we needed to stay for a while" Edmund replied with a smile.

The woman nodded and looked at my side "and who is she?" She asked, I looked at Edmund as he introduced me "This is delia my friend. meet Emma the last member of my family, my aunty, mother's young sister" He said with a smile.

Emma, the woman smiled at me before greeting "Nice to meet you, dear" She said and I smiled kindly "Nice to meet you too, ma'am" I replied and she chuckled "oh, dont call me that. It makes me so old to be that formal to me, just call me Emma" She said and I smiled more "Ok, M- Emma" I said and she giggled like a teenager.

"Oh, nephew! I like her already" she said while smiling, I chuckled "please please come in, I forgot that you just moved in" She said as she helped me with the things, "It's fine, your house is beautiful" I said and emma laugh a little "Thank you dear, glad that I cleaned the house just this morning. It makes me happy seeing you come home, Edmund" She replied.

Edmund nodded before helping with the heavy things "I'll be the one carrying those, Just sit back down and I'll make you a hot soup because of crossing the dangerous forest to come here" Emma said, I was about to help but she insisted so I sat back down on the chair.

After Emma carried the other things, she sat down infront of me and Edmund "So, what makes you come here in this cold weather?" She asked. "We just had a big problem back in the xeatreninth Kingdom" Edmund replied, I just sit back down and drink the hot soup.

"What problem?" She asked, Edmund looked at me before answering "I'm afraid that's too much private question" He replied, Emma smiled "Oh, forgive me. I just want to know" She said and Edmund continued "we'll be leaving As soon as we finish building a small house we can move out." Edmund said.

Emma furrowed her brows and looked at both of us "oh, are you married to this woman, delia?" She asked teasingly, Edmund and I both widened our eyes "No!" "No we are not" We both said together, Emma giggled "Don't try to introduce your wife as your friend, look how she feel hurt" She said.

I just froze in my seat, wanting to puke from the word 'wife & married' Edmund groaned "Aunt Em, no time for teasing. We are not couples, we are just friends and that's it." He said, Emma just hid her smile and giggle before nodding her head "Oh, sure sure. You should rest upstairs with Delia sleeping beside you" She said.

Edmund widened his eyes and turned around to climb upstairs "bye" he said. I laughed as Emma bursted out in smile and laughter "That boy is such a joke, why would he introduce you as his friend?" She said unbelievably.

I chuckled and held her hand "because ma- Emma , we are not really married. We just met a few weeks before and live together with hi-" She cutted me off "you are also living together with my edmund?" She asked in shock and fanned herself with her hand "this is such a great news! Now dont lie, dear. I can see the truth and love in your eyes" She said while smiling.

Okay, she reminded me of Jelianna. Emma seems a little old but still lively active like any other teenagers. "Now, let me feed you with your soup" She said while taking my bowl, I shake my head "No no, I can do it" She insisted as she tutted "Shh don't worry, im gonna be your second mother now since your mother in law is well.. gone" She said before changing the topic.

I sighed and open my mouth as she fed me, This is like the family I've ever dream of. No fights and just laughter everywhere, full of joy. How i wish to see mother as this way in real life, again.. when will I be going back home and how will I go back home?

Ares's Pov

I breathe heavily while my chest going up and down as I kept torturing sinful people, the next line was the coachman who helped Delia and the bastard escaped. I stood up with my heavy steps echoed the quiet room "Look" I said with my deadly voice.

The coachman looked up to me slowly with his bruised eye, I smiled and wave my hand "oh what a surprise, isn't it you?" I asked while smiling, the coachman got confuse before my fake good mood changed to my real one "The one who helped my soon to be bride escape" I said with my hands behind me.

He looks down fearly "I SAID LOOK AT ME" I raised my voice before my sword was about slice his neck "Please, Your Majesty have mercy! I'm just trying to make my family proud of what I provided" He cried out.

I stopped and put the sharp point sword in the ground as I lean into it while standing "Does this make you proud now? You are to be arrested but also tortured to death for lying in the face of the future King!" I said angrily, the coachman shook his head and tried to reach my hand "Your Majesty, Have mercy please!! My family!!" He cried out.

I pushed him to the ground and wiped my hand before spitting on the ground "No one dares to touch me physically" I said with a dark tone, William watched from behind emotionless "I'm sorry, my lord!" He said while shaking, I groan in frustration and held his hair so he can face me up "Answer my question, where is Delia and where did you dropped her?" I asked unpatiently.

The coachman gulped and looked down "If i told you, will my life and my family be spared?" He asked, I smiled and lean my body back "Of course" I said and the coachman closed his eyes before answering "The forest of Fokrot which I believed they went to the village of Eastborne" He replied.

I smiled and nodded "see, that wasn't so hard was it?" I asked and the coachman looked down, I turned around and looked at William as he was relief to see me first time release a prisoner. I nodded my head and he furrowed his brows "Kill his bloodline and his whole family" I said coldly.

The coachman widened his eyes and tried to stand up "No, your majesty you promised!" He said and I turned around "I dont do promises and perhaps you forgot, I dont let a criminal leave the Palace alive" I said before pulling out my pistol and shot him right at the head "Perhaps your soul can leave the Palace" I said before giving my pistol a blow then putting them back on my waist.

I turned to William "Go and kill its family" I said and william just stood there, I clenched my fist "Hurry up!" I said angrily and he slowly went out of the torture room. I can smell the bloods everywhere but I feel satisfied, no sinful man is to be spared.

Now, Delia. Wherever you are, whether inside the world or outside or even hells and heavens. I will still find a way to get you back in my arms, I wanted her in my arms already. Just smelling her scent makes me mad that I can destroy the whole world for her. "Village of Eastborne, You'll be surprise for me, my angel" I said.