Chapter 42

Scarlett's Pov

In the middle of the night, I was biting my nails nervously. I did not regret pushing Delia but I felt regretting it after I realised that Ares might found out behind all of this.

Turning my back as I sleep on the left side, chanting my self to sleep Go to sleep, Go to sleep, Go to sleep. Closing my eyes ready to sleep, I suddenly hear the window bursting open by the strong wind.

Sitting up quickly as I hurriedly went to the window before closing it, rubbing my arms. I felt so cold and not because of the wind that got inside my room but I felt something not right here.

Looking around my dark room, I slowly went to the nightstand to light the candles. My hands were shaking in fear when suddenly the candle dropped on the floor, I was about to pick it when I was pushed roughly on the floor.

I groaned in pain and held my head "Who's There?!" I shouted angrily, The candle was held by a person before it was lighted and I looked up to the person with wide eyes "Ares" I whispered, Ares stood infront of me with a smile on his face "What's wrong, scarlett?" He asked.

Looking around before standing up on my feet without shaking "I-i was surprised that's all" I said while looking down, I hear Ares laugh a little "Why are you not looking at me?" He asked again while still having that creepy smile on his face.

I gulped before gazing up to him confidently "Why are you here?" I asked, trying to hide my fears. Ares smiled slightly before tilting his head "This is my Castle and I can go anywhere I want" He replied.

Blinking my eyes before looking back to him "You knew a woman was sleeping in this room, I need a privacy" I said to whatever my mind wants me to say, Ares moved closer to me and I shakingly backed away while looking down.

"Are you afraid of something, scarlett?" He asked, I kept looking down avoiding his gaze "No, You are just being strange" I replied, Ares chuckled darkly before pinning me against the wall with his tall and strong figure. I instantly screamed while my head lean on the side.

"Tell me, Scarlett. Did you pushed Delia?" He asked with serious dark eyes, I teared up and shook my head. Denying it "I don't know what you're talking about!" I screamed, Ares licked his lips before pushing my back roughly against the wall again. "Ares! What are you doing!!"

Ares looked at me with dark and dangerous eyes "Don't ever lie to me, You know the consequences" He said before continuing "Did you pushed Delia down the stairs?" His voice boomed my whole soul.

My body was shaking, I couldn't even speak but only to look at him fearly in the eyes. Ares nodded "I know by the look of your face" He said while looking down silently, I was breathing heavily and when I planned to escape from his strong arms in my mind. I pressed my back against the wall as the silver knife was placed against my throat.

I widened my eyes and looked at Ares with teary eyes "A-ares, what are you doing put that down!" I said while breathing heavily, the silver was getting colder each time it was pressed against my skin "The person who made your name is a truthful person" He said, I listened and stayed silent to avoid him getting angry "Because it looks good for a scar to leave your neck, scarlett" He said while tracing the knife around my neck.

I closed my eyes tightly "P-please don't do this! I-i didn't mean to push her!" I said loudly out of fear, Ares gasped as if he was shock "So you admit" He said calmly before looking at me angrily "You admit almost killing my Delia" He said before the tip of the knife touched the inside of my skin slightly, I gasped in pain "ARES LET GO!!" I screamed while struggling to push him away.

The knife was slightly inside my skin and I can't let myself die tonight! I kept kicking and pushing him off but he wont budge, when he was about to push the knife slowly but deeper. There was a knock on the door "My lady, A letter came from your Father" A woman said outside the room.

Ares stopped and stayed silent before looking back to me and smiled as if nothing happened "I guessed that bastard father of yours will be coming back, but remember once until we are alone again" He stopped before pulling the knife off me and stabbed the wall beside my head, I screamed in fear and surprised as I closed my eyes tightly.

Ares smirked satisfiedly seeing me fearing death, I shakingly open my teary eyes to find Ares faked cutting his neck with the knife while smiling before leaving the room. Once he was gone, I quickly went to the side of the room and embraced myself while shaking in fear.

The night I almost died and that whole night I was fully awake, afraid he would come back again and finish what he wants to do earlier.

Delia's Pov

Opening my eyes, I was greeted by the morning light. I turned my head beside me to find already Ares staring at me, I jumped in surprise before moving away. Ares chuckled and held my waist before pulling me back beside him "Good Morning, my love. How was sleep?" He asked.

I looked away, Did I really let him sleep beside me last night? Now what kind of creature has possessed me last night! "If you're thinking about last night then forget it, I was overly sick tired and nothing more" I said before trying to stand from the bed.

When I was pulled back again with Ares hovering above me "Do you remember our deal, Delia? Or do not tell me you forget it" He said, I looked up to him and nodded "I know, Just give me time. Look yourself now doing to me" I said, Ares chuckled before letting me go.

I stand up quickly from the bed "You may go to your room now, I want to be alone" I said while avoiding his intense gaze, Ares slowly walked towards me. Making me move backwards quickly "Oh? You're ordering me already, my love?" He asked while smirking.

I widened my eyes, that was embarrassing. I pushed him away as he tried to move his face closer to mine "Just go!" I said before grabbing his arm and pulled him with me to the door before pushing him out of my room, Slamming the door close infront of his face. Leaving Ares with a smile "god, she's adorable when she's mad and all shy" He whispered to himself while smiling the whole morning.