Chapter 35

Delia's Pov

"Kill him" "Ares, No!!" I screamed in fear then a gunshot was heard, jumping in surprised as I quickly closed my eyes and covered my ears tightly.

I slowly opened my eyes and found a lifeless guard beside us on the floor, Ares give his gun a blow before putting it back behind him. Wait, if the other guard was holding a gun then why Ares too?

I slowly looked beside me to Edmund and found him looking at the front without emotion, my eyes went down and his stomach was shot. I gasped and held Edmund before he fell to the ground "Edmund!!"

Holding Edmund as I cried out "Please! Stay awake! Dont close your eyes, oh my go- Edmund, hey hey" I slap his cheek gently to make him stay awake "Go" he whispered, I frowned at his words "w-what?" I whispered softly while holding his bleeding stomach.

"Go, run" He whispered again before his eyes slowly closed, that's when I froze and a tear fell from my eyes. He's gone. I clenched his shirt and shook my head "no, NO!! EDMUND!!" I cried with my whole heart out while holding his lifeless body.

Ares just stood from behind before taking a step towards us and grabbed my arm, making me forcedly stand up "Let's go, we need to talk" He gritted his teeth, I pulled away from his grip and slapped him so hard while tears of sadness and anger mixing and streaming down my cheek.

"You are a heartless monster!!" I spat right at his face, Ares gritted his teeth before grabbing my arms tightly "YOU DONT SLAP ME AGAIN" He shouted angrily, I kept glaring at him angrily as if nothing affects me. "LET GO OF ME!" I said angrily trying to leave his tight grip.

But ares wont let go, he held my both wrists before forcing me to come with him "Dump their bodies on the river" Ares said to the guards "Yes, sir" I widened my eyes, I remember Edmund's voice 'Go, run' His voice stuck in my mind, I clenched my fist.

Looking down my shoes before raising my leg up and slammed my shoes againsts Ares's shoes, He yelled out in pain before letting me go. I took this chance and run so fast from the place.

"GET HER, YOU BASTARDS!" Ares's scream was heard before a loud thunder was seen and heard, making a sign thats its going to rain. I run and run so fast as I heard horses mounting behind "hyah!"

I almost tripped but managed to run again, until it came to the time I arrived at the forest and continued to run as I can still hear the horses hooves and their mounting. I was running out breath, when I heard a small kid out of nowhere "lady, come" She whispered loudly for me to hear.

I did not think of anything and just followed the little kid, I needed to get out of this land or Ares will still look for me every land that he owns but I believe he owned a lot of lands that it might be impossible to find a land that Ares's ancestors did not claim.

The little kid let me into a secret cave, I just followed and then a greeny leaves was covered all over the inners of the cave. What is this, tangled? I automatically gasped at the sight infront of me, it was a simple village and falls were everywhere that it looks like a mountain inside the cave.

"Marie, what did you found?!" A woman almost in 50's asked and the little kid replied "I found her in the forest, it looks like she was being chased by a couples of the Prince mens" She said, I frowned my brows "Prince?" I asked confusedly.

They both looked at me "You dont know who were chasing you? They were the Prince's mens looking for people to become slave in his kingdom" The woman said while cutting woods, the little kid looked up to me "Did you not know?" She asked.

I shake my head slowly "Poor you, lady. Let's get you something to eat hmm? Here's a porridge" The woman said as she handed me a small bowl. I smiled warmly at her "T-thank you" I replied before drinking it and I hissed in pain as the hot porridge touched my tongue.

"Ooh, be careful. It's still hot" I nodded before drinking it carefully and slowly then putting it down as I take a look around the people, they were hiding from Ares's men because he will take them as slaves? I looked at the both woman and the kid.

"How long have you been hiding here from Ares's mens?" I asked, they both looked at me with a wide eyes as if I said something wrong. "You call the Prince as his name?" The little kid questioned with a shock widened eyes.

The woman shook her head "Who are you to the Prince?" She asked, I furrowed my brows "Ares is the prince" I whispered lowly to myself but only still be heard from them "Yes, miss. Prince Ares is the dark Prince from all over the world, he is known as cruel and merciless to people"

I looked down my lap in deep thoughts, Ares known my lies at the beginning yet still wants to be close to me. So if Ares is still the dark Prince, but the story tells him that he is the dark King. Wait that means? He is going to be even cruelier when he becomes king.

This is all so bad, I stood up quickly "I need to go back and stop the coronation" I said before walking back to where I walked before "Wait! Miss, what do you mean coronation? It's still next 4 months to happen" The woman shouted.

I stopped walking, 4 months? I turned around and asked with a questioned look "4 months? Before his crowning?" I asked and they both nodded their head while looking at me strangely and weirdly.

Did the time goes back again? I held my hair tightly and shook my head "No, no. The time has turn back again!" I panicked and the woman held my shoulder gently "Are you okay? Do you need help?" She asked, I shook my head "no! I-i mean, I need to leave" I said before turning around and left the cave "wait, lady!"

I opened the grassy covering the village and peeked outside to see many mens were standing nearby, I immediately hid down the big rock. What are they doing here? Did they know these people were inside this cave?

"on a déçu notre Prince si on ne trouve pas la future Reine, crétins!!" Loud voices echoes the silent and lonely cave, I move backwards then my mouth were covered by another hand. I was about to scream when i looked who it is, it was the woman.

She shushed me before holding my hand and lead me back inside the village without any sound, until we stopped far away. She looked at me in a slight anger and worried "Why are you doing standing outside there? If they find you, we all be slaves" She whispered.

I looked around the people but they were nowhere to be found because they were hiding under the river and under the falls, while others hid up the big trees. I shook my head and held her arms back "dont worry, i wont let Ares and his men take you as slaves" I marked my word.

The woman smiled before we both covered our ears as we heard a gunshot nearby "quick, hide miss" She said quickly, I looked around to find a hiding place and I went to the falls and gently hid behind it.

"trouver la future reine" again another gunshots were heard near the cave, I closed my eyes while covering my mouth to avoid screaming in fear as my body was shaking. How far Ares can be this cruel, killing innocent peoples, destroying homes and make them slaves.

These all evil and cruel things he did is an enough reason for me to hate him forever, I clenched my fist as I can still hear Edmund whispering to me while he died in my arms in the pool of blood, I closed my eyes tighter and let the hot tears drop my cheek. I will never leave this book until I fix everything Ares's has done.