Chapter 10

Delia's Pov

I was picking fruits when I heard shouts nearby so I went to see where the noise was from. walking around the forest when I found a man begging on his knees while another man was grabbing his jaw making me angry.

I clenched my fist and dropped the basket as I screamed loudly "Hey!!" They all turned their heads towards me and I quickly walk faster to them and slapped the man who hurted the poor man harshly.

The man on the side widened his eyes, this guy is the friend of that Ares. What is he doing here? Is he also a friend of this man? The thought of it made me so angry inside and outside, I turned my gaze to the man angrily.

"you're the man I saw in this forest last days ago. Well mister man, doesn't mean you're a noble man then you could treat people like a trash then easily throw them away!!" I said loudly in anger, this man is just looking at me with shock and unbelievably face.

The coachman pulled me backwards and I looked at him confusedly "sire, the woman didn't mean to slap you" He said before whispering to me "Go away, woman" He said, I frowned my brows. Is he trying to save me? Its good for him but i'm not backing down this situation.

I moved forward while crossing my arms "No, it is not good for a person to hurt other person even though we are all different status. There is no high nor low because we are all equal now put that in your little brain!" I said while acting to pressed his head as I got so much anger in me.

The william guy widened his eyes and was about to pull out something when the man spoke "laisse la tranquille"
(leave her)
William guy pulled back something in his waist before I glared at them both angrily "Remember my face, I don't care if you report me to the Prince or highest- whoever! lives here but you nobles dont have the power to stop me from doing this" I gritted my teeth, clenching my fist.

I glared at them lastly before turning around as I held the poor old man's arms around my shoulder and slowly carried his weight.

Ares's Pov

I left with still a shocking face, no woman has ever slapped me before. But this woman right here is so tough to say those words right at my face. After Delia left, William watched me "Elle est forte(she's tough) for a woman to slap you" He said as he continued "I almost wanted to stab her, why did you stop me?" He asked.

I still cant believe Delia slapped me and still didnt knew I was the Prince she was talking about. She only recognized me the one we made eye contact in our first meeting but how did she not know about me being the Prince?

Is she playing to not recognize me? I dont know if she was acting or not but i'll make sure every lies reveals the truth, I snapped out of thoughts as William asked me again.

My eyes still focused where Delia last walked in my sight "I dont know" I said before my hand touched my cheek where she slapped me "this is getting interesting" I said to myself before smirking, let's play. Delia.

Delia's Pov

I came back home after treating the old man as I give him fruits and 5 coins. He seems to be happy that someone still cared for him as an old man in this village, he reminds me of Albert. He is like a Dad to me.

As soon as the thought of Albert, I became sad. What if no one cares for him today, what happened to him now? It's been days since I've stayed here and I want to go home.

I hugged my knees together and cried, why people these days are so cruel? Just what I expected in the modern world for the rich people to be so greedy and cruel to poor people. Nothing changed, maybe I can change it.

No, no you are in a story and you are just here by accident. I am just staying here to find a way back home. I groaned and ruffled my hair in frustration "Oh, lord when will I get back home!!" I screamed loudly.

"Hey silence in there! You are disturbing the people's sleep" Edmund said outside my door, I quickly zipped my mouth and blowed the candle lights as I quickly slept.

In the morning, hearing the rooster's crowing made me wide awake."I'm up, I'm up!" I said lazily as I tried to get up but my body wants to lay back down again. Walking out my room as the whole house sounds quiet when there was knocking on the door.

I went the door to open, looking up to see Ares in a dark cloak and mask again. I rolled my eyes with a sigh, oh when will he stop with the cloak and mask on? "Good morning, Delia" He said. I smiled "Yes, Morning. What do you want? Another advanced story of my romance with the Prince?" I asked, only to received a laugh. "No, I came here to see you" He replied. I looked at him up and down "What are your plans for today?" He asked.

Looking down as I think for a while "wait for me" I said before I went back to my room to change, after for a while. We go to the forest together "Is this enchanted forest? All fruits are present here!" I said while I picked the bananas.

Ares chuckled "This forest too amazed me a lot, servan- people also went here to pick fruits for the Prince." He replied, I nodded my head and I found something that made my eyes sparkled. "Mangoes!!"

Ares widenes his eyes as he saw me ran towards the Mango tree but it was so high, I pouted and tried climbing the tree but I slipped slightly and Ares said "Dont climb, the tree is slippery." I sighed, I was about to give up when I looked at Ares as if he was kind of tool to use. "What are you looking at me like that?" He asked confusedly, I walked near him and held his shoulders.

Making him to stop his breathing "I. Want. You. To. Support. Me" I said every word, making him confuse "what ar- hey!" I tried climbing on his shoulders but Ares quickly held me down "you are too heavy! What are you even doing" He crossed his arms "are you trying to hit on me, miss delia?" He asked.

I widened my eyes and hit his arms "No way! I want to get those mangoes but you need to lift me up" I said pleadingly, Ares looked at the high tree. It was above his head since he was tall "Fine, it's just easy" He said.

Right after he said that, I immediately climbed on his shoulders as he held my feet against his shoulders "I forgot that you're heavy!" He said, I struggled to pick the mangoes "Just a little more!" I said as I finally caught the mango but I lose balance out of excitement.

Screaming as I slip off Ares's shoulder, making the cloak around him fell when I was about to hit the ground but I feel nothing but a pair of arms tightly wrap around me. I opened my eyes and seen Ares's eyes staring at me worriedly. And now no other thoughts but thinking, is he the guy I made eye contact before and hurted the old man yesterday?