Chapter 15

Delia's Pov

My heart was feeling sad while writing the letter for Ares, I dont know about Ares but only the kind one. Edmund lived in this kingdom since he was a kid so he probably knew everyone in here including the royals and neighbors.

Even the guards too was comfortable to speak with him, I may not see the dangerous Ares that edmund talked about but I just need to trust and believe what he says because he live longer in this place and also a first friend of mine.

My hands moved effortly 'Dear Ares, You may wonder why I said these things but it's better that we should not see each other again. Don't ask why because I will also avoid you, You're a good friend. Thanks for everything' I finished writing and put it in the envelope before closing it.

Edmund came behind me "Don't worry, we'll send this letter to him so you dont have to see him" He said, I smiled straightly before looking back up to him "Edmund, please tell me why i need to avoid Ares? Give me a reason why I should do this" I explained.

He sat beside me "I dont want you to hate a friend because of this" He warned me, i shook my head and pleaded "Please, tell me" I said. Edmund gave up "Ares threatened me to stay away from you" He said while looking away.

I widened my eyes and I felt my heart stop, wait what? Ares threatening Edmund but why? "He may not admit that he does but I know He likes you, Delia. That he would do anything and even hurt people just to be with you" He said, my eyes stuck on the wall as my mind cant recall what he just said.

"You may not accept it but im telling you the truth, That's why I want you to stay away from him. He's dangerous for you, Delia" He said worriedly, I looked up into his eyes and see the truth. I slowly nodded my head before looking down to the letter in my hand "Then we should send this to him immediately" I said.

Early Morning, I didn't go to the forest. For sure Ares was there waiting for me but instead I just bought food from the market. "3 pieces of silver" I gave the 3 silvers on his hand and he accepted it "Here, Have a great day" I smiled before bowing my head slightly.

I took a bite of grapes while looking around the market. I dont want to stay inside the house, I know Ares will look for me there and in the forest. Let's just stay here for a while, maybe shopping? I smiled by myself before walking around the market while looking around for food to buy.

"Greetings! What would you like? A fish or a pork?" The man asked, I kindly smiled "both please" I said and the man nodded before taking fish and pork. I looked to the beautiful girl with a cloak cover her face. She was around my age beside me who was looking for something, now why does everybody wear cloak and covered? I was about to ask her when suddenly I saw a man behind her taking few of her food in her basket.

My eyes widened "Hey!" I shouted and all the attention was in me, The thief quickly ran away and I pull off my slippers before chasing the thief. Chasing mice back at home make me an athlete of a mice catcher.

This was no different of a mice, I kept run and run until the thief was slowing down slightly his speed and I get this the chance and tackled him on the ground "Give me" I said while holding his head against the ground.

The thief yell in pain "I dont have it!" I glared at him warningly as I held his head against the ground more while my other hand preventing his hand from pushing me away. The thief groaned in losing before looking down his pockets.

I remove my hands from his head before slipping my hand inside his pockets "Oh, what a wide pocket you have!" I said while glaring at him, loaf of bread can even fit in his pockets! I slipped my hand deeper and held a few coins "You are also stealing the woman's coin?" I glared at him.