Chapter 25

It had been almost a month since the competition ended. And within that month, Yun had never seen Yufan anywhere. Sometime within the month, she heard that he had left back for the warfront again.

Inwardly, she was worried for him. He had just recovered for a life-threatening injury not too long ago, and now he was going around like he was never hurt in the first place.

He needs to take it easy, otherwise, he will just fall sick sooner than later. She chided him mentally.

Yun jumped cautiously over the split tile on the roof, and continued walking, her hands raised on either sides as she maintained her balance effortlessly. The moon tonight was really bright and round, and the breeze was more warm than chilly.

Of course, the letter did not stop. But they had contained a more interactive element to them now, as they had begun to actually talk to each other, asking about their day, or asking about their opinions on something. The last one was two weeks ago, where he said he was packing up again, but he did not state where he was going, presumably to prevent her from worrying.

Inwardly, Yun tried to justify her worrying. Did she really care for him more than a patient? Or was she just worried as he was the first patient that she had healed without supervision, and with her "secret" powers nonetheless?

Coming to the edge of the building, she took a deep breathe and lifted one feet off the edge, and then another. The air served as support underneath her, and she was soon walking on stairs of air leading up the southern gate of the Sky Manor. No one normally comes here, and she found it a quiet place to be sometimes.

Just as she sat down however, she heard something roar in the distance. It was familiar, she realized, squinting into the distance.

True enough, in the distance, she could just make out the shadow of a dragon in the light of the moon. Her mouth dropped, as she stared at it in awe. It blinked out of sight soon after however, and Yun shifted her head from left to right, trying to find where did it went.

"Hi Yun."

"Yufan!" She turned around in surprise, looking at the man that was standing right next to her on the white tiles.

"I can see why you come here, it's a gorgeous view." He started conversationally, sitting down next to her.

"It is." Yun nodded. She hesitated for a few moments, but deciding to broach the topic on her mind.

"Yufan, were you at the warfront these few weeks?"

"Yes. Why?" He turned over to look at her, his eyebrows raised slightly.

"Nothing. I just- I got... No, I just wanted to say that it's not advisable for you to run around all over the Nine Realms, even though it's your duty to. You should take some rest and recuperate completely."

"Were you... worried?"

"No!" Yun looked incredulously at his question. "Fine, I might have been. A little. As your healer."

Her voice grew softer until it was just a mumble at the end. But she saw a smile growing on Yufan's face.

"Actually, I think that might be feeling a bit light-headed right now." He suddenly said, putting a couple of fingers up to his temple to massage them. His smile faded slightly. "I came straight away from the mortal realm without rest, and only now I feel like it's starting to tire me."

"You really should learn to take better care of yourself." She sighed. "Come here."

Yun placed on hand on his shoulders and turned him over while she placed two fingers each on his temples, massaging them with moderate pressure. "Does this feel better?"