Chapter 34

Yun placed the envelope aside, feeling instantly frustrated upon seeing it.

Since the banquet, she had refused to read Yufan's letters, thus, not writing back to him as well.

It puzzled her to a certain extent as to why she would have these feelings. And resorting to such extreme extents that she would go to keep him out of her mind.

She had never felt this way before.

Someone knocked at her door, and she shoved the letter into her drawer, slamming it shut.

"Come in."

The door creaked open, and Sister Su peeked through.

"Yun, I brought you some new bottles." She said, holding up a small basket that clinked. "Can I come in?"

"You may, Sister Su. Thank you for the trouble."

"Not at all." She set it down next to her, standing at the table.

"Yun, I don't mean to pry, but are you feeling alright? You haven't been sleeping properly, eating right, nor paying attention to practice for the last week."

Yun nodded, her eyes darting away however. "Thanks for your concern, Sister Su. But I am rather fine."

"Yun, you don't have to lie to me. I know you." Su reached for her hands, holding them. "You know that you can tell me anything, right?"

Tears suddenly sprang to her eyes, and she lowered her head as they dropped. And soon, she was sobbing.

"Now, now." Su wrapped her arms around her shaking shoulders, and patted her back.

Slowly, Yun lifted her arms as well, hugging Su tightly. It was only a few minutes later that the tears ceased, and her breathing evened.

"Sister Su. I feel horrible, and I don't know why." Yun hiccupped.

"Then you must at least know what caused these feelings, right?"

Yufan's face flashed in her mind, and she closed her eyes, feeling the tears rising again.

"I do."

"So, is it a person, or an object, or a matter?"

"... A person."

"I see now." Sister Su pulled away from their embrace and held her at arm's length. "Is it because you care too much?"

Yun nodded, lowering her gaze.

"Then, talk to them. When you talk to them, all misunderstandings that you might have will be solved. And even though there might be a chance of things still not going right, at least you will feel better about it, because you've done all you can."

═════════════════

Yun wasn't a drinker, but the last few times she had came up to the roof, she had brought a jar of peach blossom wine with her, and she'd drink until she passed out on the cool tiles.

Tonight was no different.

Yun closed her eyes as she drank straight from the jar. The wine trickled down onto her robes as she tilted her head, the stickiness not bothering her however.

She was already starting to feel warm, and soothed. She lowered her head onto her hand, lying halfway as she drank another gulp of the wine.

A hand was placed on the jar and it was tugged out of her grasp. She whined, reaching for it.