Adoration

Adrein's POV

There was going to be a huge ball for everyone to come to. In my eyes, I thought of the ball as a "Welcome Home Present" for Marinette. The day of the ball felt a fever dream.

Lila's POV

I was packing a suitcase for myself. I was moving out of my mom's house. My mother and I had always gotten into fights about when I'm going to move out. My mother was in the kitchen, reading newspapers as she always does. When she saw me with my suitcases, she was tolerably concerned.

"What the hell do you think you're doing."She said while standing up.

"I'm moving out. What you think it looks like?"

She walked over to me, and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Listen, I know things have been unexcusable between us and I'm genuinely sorr-"

"Do you think I care about that? You don't even know half the thing I do at night. You don't even know that I'm Volpina!"

Her face was revolted. She slapped me in the face.

"I should have known. You leaving at night,you being disrespectful, and now this!"

"You were clueless. It's not the first time I've been Volpina. I've been akumatized mutiple times, but only this time, it's my choice."

I walked away with my suitcases, not knowing if I would ever return to that house again.

Marinette's POV

Adrein and I drove to London for the ball,when suddenly something crossed my mind. I never brought back the peacock miraculous.

"Adrein."

"Yes Bugaboo?"

"Do you ever think about the peacock miraculous?"

"What about it?"

"Just how you cataclysmed it and destroyed all the sentimonsters."

Adrein gulped and continued to focus on driving.

"Not all."

"Adrein, has it ever occurred to you that maybe you aren't a sentimonster?"

"I wish."

"I have another question. Why can't we Ladybug and Cat Noir again."

The question seemed to really shock him. It shocked him so much that he hit the break. The car behind us beeped. Adrein's face turned bright red. I couldn't tell if he was embarrassed or sad or angry or upset. It was confusing.

"It's not that I don't want to be Cat Noir, and it's not that I don't want you to be Ladybug. It's just complicated."

I held his hand close to my chest.

"Adrein, you know it's are duty protect Paris."

"I know but..."

"What?"

"Never mind."

Kagami's POV

The ball was deluxe so far. I wore my favorite red dress with high heels.

I didn't feel beautiful but everyone assured me that I was. Everyone at ball went crazy when Adrein arrived. Fans came running to kiss his cheeks and in my opinion, they practically assaulted him. Emma walked over to me and asked if we could talk. Unfortunately, Adrein interrupted are conversation.