Back In 'My' Bed.

I rubbed my eyes, sitting up to see I'm back in Toby's room, and his sleeping form in his bed.

I look on the floor to see a semi-folded piece of paper and my face gear underneath it.

I picked it up along with my phone and slowly unfolded it.

'Hey Heart, hope you're glad to be back in your bed again, it took a lot of convincing but I managed to get them to agree to you being back in your bed as long as I watch over you.. We can talk about your dream later, alright? See you! -Toby' It read, and I smiled while reading it.

I decided against trying my luck by getting up and just turned on my phone to see dozens of messages and notifications.

The most prominent was my best friend Gloria's messages.

I hesitantly opened messages and saw dozens upon dozens of messages from her, most looking frantic or panicky from the looks of it.

I saw that she was online, and against my better judgment of just ignoring her, I decided to message back.

*4:05 AM*

*Ash changed their name to: Black Heart.*

Gloria: Ash?? You're actually alive?!

Black Heart: Of course, I've just been... Doing stuff.

Gloria: On the news... You're on the news!

Black Heart: I left evidence?

Gloria: What..?-

Black Heart: Listen, I can't talk for long, who knows how long until they find out I'm still in contact with you?

Gloria: Who's 'they'?..

-

My eyes widened, I already had said too much.. She was now probably in danger, but I couldn't not tell her... I tell her everything..

I gripped the phone tighter and looked next to me to see Toby still sleeping.

I sighed and started replying once again.

-

*4:08*

Black Heart: I can't tell you, not now.

Gloria: Why? Please, tell me, Ash, I'm your best friend..

Black Heart: ...Fine, but not through text.

Gloria: Alright, but where then? Won't you be noticed?

Black Heart: Of course, but the only thing I care about right now is you.

Gloria: That's sweet... But, when and where will we meet?

Black Heart: Tomorrow, back at my old house.

Black Heart: Midnight.

Gloria: I'm not sure...

Black Heart: You either come then, or I don't tell you what's been going on.

Gloria: Fine.

Black Heart: See you then, don't die by then!

Gloria: Wait, what do you mean by that?

Gloria: Ash?

Gloria: WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?!

Gloria: ASH!!

-

I softly grinned as I went offline and turned off the phone, making sure to put it on silent.

I put both the note and my phone back on the floor and turned around to face the wall.

'I've changed so much... And it's only been a week at best.. I went from going to school to becoming a 'Proxy' or whatever.' I thought to myself as I tried to fall asleep.

It must've worked because soon I did fall asleep.

I fell asleep thinking about whether I was actually going to tell her, and if I did, would that put her in danger?

Well, that's for future me to worry about.

[Sorry for late and short chapter-]