Holiday Set-Up.

Time passed quickly, and before I knew it, the holiday season was upon us, which included Christmas... And my birthday.

My birthday was a week from Christmas, which meant not many people could show up every year, hell, after a while my family and I gave up and just had our own little parties, not even bothering to invite anyone.

But this year, this year would be different, right? I mean, I lived in a whole mansion with at least twenty to thirty people, so at least one to two would show up if we even had a party, right?

Eh, it's worth a shot, I guess...

-

I slowly sat up in my bed, rubbed my eyes, and looked around our room to see that Toby was no one to be found, but when I looked over to our nightstands, I noticed a small Christmas tree sitting atop it.

"Shit." I muttered as I reached over to my phone which was still charging, and looked at the date.

Friday, December 9th It read, and I immediately thought back to my parties, and boring Christmases, and I almost threw my phone across the room.

I sighed deeply and placed my phone to my face while trying to think of what to do.

After a minute, I heard the door open, and I looked up to see Toby walking through the door.

"Morning sleepyhead! You've gotta help us set up for Christmas."

"No."

"Alri- Wait, why??"

"I don't need to tell you anything."

He didn't say anything, he just closed the door and walked closer to me until he sat on my bed.

"Alright, what happened?" He asked, and I just looked at him behind my phone.

"Okay, something happened, what was it."

"I don't have to tell you anything."

"Okay, you either tell me or I-"

"You'll do nothing, I'll help you set up, just don't bother me about this!"

I stood up and started getting my normal clothes out.

"Either something happened on Christmas, or you have something close to Christmas, what-"

"If I tell you, will you shut up?"

I looked to see him nodding, and I sat back on my bed with my clothes still in my hands.

"Fine..." I mumbled and looked away from him as I got ready to tell him.

".....My birthday is the 19th, so why should I even bother with anything this month? I mean, no one would come to my parties because it's so close to Christmas, if I ignore the month altogether, I'll be fine, right?" I explained, still looking away.

"That's it? Wait, your birthday is this month?!" He exclaimed, pulling me back to face him.

"Yeah...? Why would you care anyways?- Everyone will be too busy to even care about my birthday, so-"

"Nope! We're telling everyone, and we're going to have two parties this year!"

Before I knew it, I was out the door in my nightgown, being dragged by Toby.

Soon, everyone was gathered so we could figure out a plan to have both a birthday party for me and a Christmas party, with half of the mansion still undecorated.