Chapter 5- In Trouble

At the teacher's office

"It has come to my notice that you have done nothing but cause trouble from the very moment you came into Greenfield High, you have been rowdy and unscrupulous. First, you got into an heated argument with Nicholas last week, some said you almost got into a fight with Troy also in that same day and not only that, you recently got engaged in a verbal fight with, let's see, there's Beyonce, Frankie, Rachel...the list goes on and on; and today here you are in my office for fighting in the classroom in my presence. My point is Miss Luce, you have broken all our protocols and as such will no longer be overlooked, I don't care if the principal thinks you're something special because your father is among the other influential parents funding the school, I don't care how wealthy you are, in here you're just like any other mediocre student in Greenfield High and as such will be treated as one, and that includes not limited to being penalized for all your wrongdoing in accordance to the schools rules and regulations; henceforth, you will be penalized for your unruly behavior and disregard for the schools protocols; you are hereby suspended from school for at most a month. Now Miss Luce what have you to say for yourself."

Nichole knew she was definitely in trouble, because unlike most cases were she was easily set free, Mrs Lucas was the complete opposite, she was known for being strict and won't take kindly to unruly students for any reason, she lives by a code and as such expects every student to do the same; her rules could not be bent or taken likely with contempt and this includes penalty for noise making in the class, lateness, but worse of all a fight outbreak in her presence, doesn't only go against her policy, but also her pride and as such will not be accepted. Nichole being well aware of this, conclude she wasn't getting off easy this time.

"Ma'am I'm well aware of your anger and need to suspend me from the premise of Greenfield High; in other words I accept. But you also should be well aware of the fact that the aforementioned students you indicate I got into fight with are all popular."

"So?" The teacher says looking slightly confused.

"In other words ma'am, I don't simply get into fight with just anyone as you assume, this students are distinguished people. My main object for engaging in both violent and verbal means, is the fact I hate bullies and as such won't take kindly to the bullying I have witnessed here in Greenfield High."

"So you are saying...?" The teacher was in utter shock and disbelief

"Exactly what am saying. Now don't get me wrong, I am well aware of the fact bulling tend to be guaranteed in every school, yet Greenfield High Is overpopulated with too many bullies. A number of people have been victim of bully and yet no one does anything about it. Recently, my friend Andrea was the victim, she always gets bullied. so you understand the need for me to act, because just like you I live by a code and must upkeep to my duties and responsibilities." She finished with her speech, watching
careful the teacher.

"Bullying? Here in Greenfield High? How come no one ever said anything?"

"Perhaps they were scared to speak up, for fear of what the popular might do."

"Now even if your right about this Miss Luce, you alone isn't enough to testify, am sure you know this is a serious matter and would require proof. Am sorry I won't be of much help to you Miss Luce."

"Still we could at least try."

Sighing the teacher agrees, "okay."

Becky was called into the teacher's office along with the other kids Nichole claims she had bullied; but none of them dare to testify against Becky for all her wrongdoing; of course they were scared of getting hurt worst.

"Now, Miss Winslet, am sorry for the inconvenience, you may leave."

"Believe me, it was no stress of mine, anything to defend myself from any form of false accusations made by Miss Luce over here." Nichole was vexed; the bitch had literally deny flat the truth. Nichole was about to lash out not having it, but she once again recompose herself.

"Now if that's all ma'am, I will be out the school nurse tending to my fractured bones."

"You know it could get even fractured if you don't shut up."

"Really?" She spoke in bewilder.

"Really." Nichole emphasized

Becky watches in distaste.

"Sorry about that Miss Winslet, do tend to yourself." The teacher says hoping to subside the intensity in their eyes.

Becky with a scoff walks out.

"Now Miss Luce I've done all I could for you, sorry to say, but if you don't get solid evidence before the end of today then you will most likely be suspended from school for a couple weeks and until then hope to hear from you again, dismiss."

With that she takes her leave, only to come back again not long after.

"Back again so soon I see."

"Yes. And this time, I've got proof." She replies, only to earn a skeptic look from the teacher.

"Nichole Luce we've been over this."

"I know but one last chance is all I ask."

"Very well, I shall grant you one more chance."

"Yes." She chants.

By this time Becky was summoned and was at the teacher's office again only the difference is the testifier; this time Andrea was the new testifier.

"It has come to my notice Miss Lockwood that you're a victim of bully, is that true? And among your bullies is Miss Winslet over here, is that also true? If so, what have you to say about it."

Well... well... " Andrea continues to trail off looking for the right word, she was scared shitless knowing full well what Becky was capable of.

"I...I..." She notices Becky glare daggers at her.

"I... can't." She turns to Nichole, scared of being a disappointment and as such losing her only friend in the process who might no longer befriend her for being a utter failure. She wanted so badly to get even with Becky for everything; but she haven't got what it takes.

"Sorry." She mutters, for being a disappointment to both Nichole and herself, she bow her head taking sudden interest in her shoes; not willing herself to look Nichole in the eye for fear of what she might find there;no sooner does she feel a hand on her shoulder.

"Andrea remember what I told you? You tell a lie the first time either to gain favor or escape punishment, and it doesn't really count because we are never caught, we do it the second time for same reason; but the truth is a lie will always remain a lie and whether it helps you escape reality for a couple minutes, doesn't change the fact if you don't tell the truth some day you keep living a lie, a made up story same goes for not speaking up; honestly people tell lies because they are scared of something. Do you want to keep living in fear all your life?"

"B...But am scared Nichole I can't do it am sorry."

"Sure you can. A Moment of truth." Andrea slowly but never really looked at Nichole."Remember what you said Andrea. For once why can't we all just live in a moment of truth? This is your moment of truth." With that, she found the courage to look Nichole in the eye and saw Nichole wasn't mad at all, if anything she was hopeful Andrea might do what's right.

"If that's all ma'am I will kindly take my leave."

"Please do."

Becky glares at Andrea and deliberately shoulder bump Nichole on her way out.

"Moment of Truth." Nichole whisper one last time.

"It's true, I get bullied."

Remember every stage of your life passed only earns you a key to unlock new chapters of it, lose or gained life goes on... Aimuamwosa iroghama

We all are protagonists of our own lives because we each have stories to tell.