Chapter 23 - Suicidal

After the death of Anna Perez, there was chaos the police had round up everything and everyone caught were put in cell.

Andrea walk into her home wordless, she managed to get out without getting caught. She looked down, as Anna's last words linger her thought.

'I guess that was how badly he wanted her.'

Her lifeless eyes, her grim expression Andrea couldn't shake it off.

She failed to notice her aunt in the doorway.

Her aunt got the pleasure of pounding her, she beat her to stupor. But what she didn't get pleasure of was hearing Andrea scream.

"You will never be worth anything!" She hear her aunt snarl.

'But Andrea when would will ever be loved?."

Andrea felt her life flash before Her eyes she slowly sleep into consciousness. There was a big gash on her head, she was swimming in the pool of her own blood getting ready to finally be free

"Soon. Very soon."  She mutters her last words as her life sleeps away

****
After a long nap Andrea was finally awake, she was stunned she even survived that; where is death when you need it the most.

She pulled herself up going into her room she got close enough to really stare at herself; she had a gash on her head, her makeup was everywhere, her short and skimpy clothes are covered in blood.

For once she really looked at herself, as she looks into the mirror she realized she wasn't there anymore, someone else was there in her place; someone who loves wearing skimpy outfit, someone who applies makeup to impress, someone who'd skip classes just to go party someone who didn't mind to sleep out or make out with a guy, someone who was cold enough to hurt her best friend. None of this was her, who is this person? She was scared of what she had turned into; she was everything she hated. Regret floods through her and she starts to weep bitterly, she wished she could go back.

She clenched her fist and punch this person that has taken over her life; she punch with all her might and watch the mirror crack; but there she still was, unflinching as she stare right back at Andrea. Her blood tickle to the ground making low droplets noises.

"Die!" Andrea doesn't stop she continues to bash her fist against the mirror ready to damage her knuckles; her blood was missed with her tears; the pain she felt at that moment was nowhere near her true pain.

The droplets quickly increased; Andrea was exhausted, but she never dies, still staring at her was the shadow of herself, shadow of who she once where, staring harshly at her soul, tormenting her, judging her. With one last thunderous bash Andrea smashed the mirror everywhere. Her room covered in shards of glass.

But that didn't stop her, every shard she stare at she saw her; the one person she thought she destroyed along with the mirror, she was everywhere.

Andrea clenched tightly onto a shard, she was going to end this once and for all.

*****

*WARNING*

Nichole had been outside waiting, she was nervous on what to say to Andrea, but she goes in anyway.

     She was welcomed with a pool of blood, trails of dried blood everywhere. She was nervous her heart sank. She wished she came earlier. She rush through the flights of stairs, there she sees a total mess in the room, shards of glass everywhere, fresh blood dropping from them.

"Oh Andrea what did you do."

She ran into the bathroom giving little to no concern for the shards that was everywhere.

She finally spots her, Andrea was in the tub tearing out her flesh; she was looking for her vein.

"Is she..." For a split moment Nichole was stunned she took sometime to register what was happening, then she sprint into action.

"Andrea stop!" Nichole lung forward, immediately holding her down, or at least she tried to.

"No get away from me."

"You don't understand this is what I need!"

Andrea fought hard and aggressive to be set free.

"Never I can't let you hurt yourself!" Nichole struggle to gain control of the shard in her hand but surprisingly Andrea was super strong and unyielding.

"If you truly care then let me end this!"

"No. Never!"

Andrea push Nichole off her.

"Andrea please hand over the shard, this isn't you, you need help, I can help you."

"I have never felt this better in my life before. I don't need any help."

"Can't you see Nichole I finally understand, I could be free all I need to do is cut deeper than I ever did, and all this will be over, I won't have to suffer anymore. So please don't try  to stop me this is what I need."

Andrea was ready to make a move; Nichole immediately caught a hold of the shard, and it cut Nichole instead.

"Why are you doing this to me? Just let me go; don't you understand I need to do this? My life will never be better this is the only way. Please." Andrea wail.

Nichole doesn't let go of the shard, even as her blood tickle down, she held tightly, refusing to let go.

"Unless you kill me Andrea I won't let go. I can still help you." Nichole was determined.

"Help me from what? I am fine!"

"No, you are not okay Andrea! You need help from a therapist."

Andrea struggle harshly and Nichole's palm cut even further, she winces silently. Watching her own blood roll down the shard.

"This has nothing to do with you."

"This has everything to do with me. Oh Andy when will you see common sense that even though you die the world won't change, instead you let them win. You hate yourself because you have been called the freak, or because you have been abused by your aunt all your life. That's all the more reason for you to keep going, to see them crumble, aim your anger at them not at yourself."

Nichole could tell Andrea wasn't convinced.

Slowly she release her hold on the shard.

" Andrea if you want to kill someone so badly then kill me first. Because if you don't I won't let you die. That's the only way."

Andrea hesitates.

"Let me make it easy for you." Nichole pulled Andrea's hand, the one with the shard, she pulls it closer to her chest, not saying anything as she stares at Andrea.

Minutes rolled by as they stare at each other, the atmosphere around them is tense

The shard that was pointed right at Nichole immediately falls out of her hold. She lets out a loud anguish tears.

"Nichole... What did I turn into?"

"I... Would never kill someone, least of all you." She hang her head low.

"I know you wouldn't. So please don't kill yourself." Nichole brings her into a hug and she clings onto Nichole desperately.

*.                       *                    *                  *.

Remember every stage of life passed only earns you a key to unlock new chapters of it lose or gained life goes on.... Aimuamwosa Iroghama

We all are protagonists of our own lives because we each have stories to tell.