Chapter 28- I get abused

Minutes before the accident

Troy's pov

"What the hell are you doing?" Nichole asked.

"Taking a shorter route."

I triumph inwardly because it worked, my plan worked. Now all that's left is for me to-

"Over there I see them." Nichole points out.

"Wait are they... Oh no they are headed for the bridge!" Nichole panic.

I was in a panicking fit when I saw for myself.

I remembered Andrea once told me her parents had died from a car accident, it happened on a bridge, and she still have trauma about it. Poor thing, I wonder how she must feel. One thing is certain I will not let her meet the same fate, I will save her at all cost even if it is the last thing I do.

It's a good thing the car got slower as it starts to heat up and produce smoke.

"Nichole am about to do something crazy."

"How crazy?"

"Crazy enough to risk your life."

"Would it be enough to save Andrea?"

"Yeah."

"Then punch it."

"Hold on tight."

He revved his engine going as fast as he can.

"Don't tell me you're about to do what I think you're about to do."

"Yup."

"Fuck. We are dead meat."

"Troy! You ass!" Nichole yell as the car grew nearer.

"Andrea this time I will risk everything for sure to save you."

*Bang*

A clash happened between the two cars. Instead of hitting the bridge the car ran into Troy's car.

****

Everything came out as a blur, his ear echo. Slowly his vision return.

"Andrea."
Troy rush out of the car, he had a few cut but he'd survive.

He got to were Andrea was, on getting the door open he notice Andrea; she cough rapidly but luckily she was okay, just a few cut here and there.

"Troy?"

"Agnes are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked worriedly.

"I don't..."

He hugs her right away.

"Think so." She finished her previous statement but is stunned; it was the first time since long she had been called that, she had forgotten what it felt like to be called by her name, her genuine name.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I think so... Nichole! How is she? Where is she?"

"Uh..."

Nichole was just getting out of the car.

"Thanks guys way to worry about me." She say sarcastic.

"Oh and don't worry I am fine on my own, don't let me spoil anything." Emphasis on fine on her own. She glare at Troy.

That sarcastic remark, of course that is so like Nichole, how she missed that.

She rush to Nichole cradling her in a bear hug.

"Hey!" Nichole laugh.

I felt weird, it was as if I was standing right in front of her, yet she fail to see me. She cared if Nichole was hurt, but not me.

I don't even know why I care but I do and it's eating me up.

I saw Nichole look at me worriedly, she could tell right away I was bothered. That's one thing I like about Nichole she cared a lot about her friends and she was also a great listener.

*****
Andrea's Aunt had just woken up and was out of the car when she receives a blow to the head; that immediately knock her out.

They both stare at Nichole.

"What? She owed me a payback. No offense."

Andrea shrug.

They hear the siren blaring from a distance indicating the cops are here.

"So what do we do about her? The cops are here." Troy asked.

Nichole looked at Andrea.
"It's your call."

She hesitate for a while.

"I say we tell them the truth."

"Now that's more like it. My little girl is all grown up." Nichole say emotionally.

Andrea chuckle.

I think it's time to let the whole world know I get abused. It's high time I speak out.

"I am Agnes Lockwood a victim of abuse."

*.               *.                  *.                   *.       

Remember every stage of your life passed only earns you a key to unlock new chapters of it lose or gained life goes on... Aimuamwosa Iroghama

We all are protagonists of our own lives because we each have stories to tell.