Chapter 26- Reminisce

Andrea dragged herself out of the house, her wounds are now open so walking was becoming a problem.

"Let's go Aunty."

"Get in the car, there's something I forgot I need to go get it."

"Um, okay sure."

She watch her aunt suspiciously.

Aunt Veronica go into the house. She took long. She realized her aunt wasn't coming out any moment and while she was in Andrea noticed her key was missing. She quickly rush to go check it out.

On getting there she screamed.

Her aunt immediately turn to look at her.

"Y- You promised."

"Well you should be happy I only made sure she was unable to follow us. Now come."

"No! You broke your promise. You hurt her."

"Nichole." Andrea poke her lightly.

She gasp as she notice the blood stain on her head, it was obvious she'd been hit with something, a bottle perhaps.

"Come on Andrea we don't have much time."

"Nichole! Nichole wake up!"

Her aunt pull her away as she tries to fight back. She was helpless her whole body aches.

*****

"Nichole. Nichole. Wake up. Wake..."

"Am awake!" Nichole jump up immediately.

She wasn't passed out, just pretending to be, good thing she grew lot of hairs.

Nichole knew right away if she hadn't pretend to be unconscious, she might actually be unconscious for real or worse get killed; it was a losing war. At least now she can save Andrea, so it's safe to say it was all part of a plan and it worked. Well, almost everything was planned out, except the part were she did slowly lost consciousness.

"Dang she just had to hit me pretty hard."

"What happened to you? And this place is such a mess."

"I... Um. Troy! Wait how did you know to come here?"

"I could read you your text right now. It literally screamed help me I am at Andrea's. You sent me the location remember? Weirdly I didn't live far from it."

"Wait you knew?"

"Uh-huh. The bridge, why else did you think I called?"

"Your head... You're bleeding? Okay what really happened here? And why are you covered in blood?"

"No time to explain. Did you see a car leave?"

"Yeah like five minutes ago."

"Okay we have to go."

"Go where?"

"I will explain later. Lead the way."

Nichole rush to were she parked her car.

"Man." She grumble a few curse word as she notice her tyres are flat.

She turns to look at Troy, she tries to look cute hopefully she could get a lift.

"Uh-uh don't even think about it." He shook his head.

"Okay move it. I see acting cute doesn't make much of a difference to you."

"Well if you were a normal girl then maybe it would."

"Shut up gay."

She push him out of the car and took control of the wheel.

*****

Andrea's pov

I really hope Nichole is okay. We already contacted a Paramedic team I hope they get there on time.

"Don't worry Andrea we will be out of town in no time."

She notice Andrea glare at her in the rearview mirror.

"Now, now dear. Don't be like that. I am your only family I am all you have left so I know what's best for you."

"Do you?" Andrea mutters.

"Oh sweetie pie, but I do, I always do. You think I am wicked? You resent me? Fine. Just know am doing this for your own good, everything I do is because I care about you, you're my late sister's child so how can I not care?"

"Then I beg of you Aunt Veronica please let me go. If you really care about me, then you'd know I need her-"

"No! You don't need nobody."

"But I do, I need her, I need Nichole my best friend."

"All the more reason you shouldn't be anywhere near her because you're becoming a dependent fool."

"What's wrong with being a little dependent? Especially if the person is reliable."

"See that's were you're wrong Andrea. She would never care about a loser like you."

"Liar."

"I mean why would she? Who would care about a loser or a freak? Would you have? And even if she was your friend it's probably out of pity. Pretty soon she'd get tired and let go just like that kid from before."

"I don't believe you. You are just trying to mess with my head."

"Really? Am I now?"

I tried to stay strong, but I couldn't because at the mention of Troy I broke. My best friend who betrayed me. I let the tears drop.

"Oh sweetie pie, no need to feel sad even though no one cares about you, you still got me, you don't need anybody all you need is me."

Aunt Veronica quickly stop the car. She cuddle Andrea and Andrea cuddles back.

"See dear, that is why I have to take you far away because I don't want you to get hurt, it's for your own good. I tried to warn you before but you didn't listen and that led you to get hurt. But this time whether you listen to me or not I want to help you okay?"

"Okay." Andrea mutters.

" Good girl." She pat Andrea lightly.

"You're only a freak, you can't be more, she is only filling your head with false hope. You lost your parents and that makes you inferior, you shouldn't mingle with other kids so you don't get hurt. They will bully you, but they have every right to because you're a freak and that makes you beneath them. Never talk back when you get abused because that would only make it worse..."

Andrea reminisce as her aunt spoke.

'Andrea you are a freak, it's all you'll ever be, you'd never be loved; you'd be looked down on by most kids simply because you lost your parents, your value, your worth. You're nothing, so you must be obedient at all times. You are not allowed to be around people or speak with other kids because they will only hurt you, and if they do, do not talk back because they are your superiors so they have every right to. It's the only way to survive.  Now is that clear my sweetie pie?"

'Yes.'

"It's the only way to survive." They both said simultaneously.

"So you remember it all." Her aunt chuckle.

"And for the final touch. Is that clear my sweetie pie?"

"Yes... No!"

"It was you, y- you ruined me."

*                *.                   *.                     *

Remember every stage of your life passed only earns you a key to unlock new chapters of it lose or gained life goes on... Aimuamwosa Iroghama
We all are protagonists of our own lives because we each have stories to tell.