Chapter 14- lies

"What?" Nichole was stunned.

"Let's date for real."

"I heard what you said, but what makes you think I want to date you."

"You may not want to, but I want to go out with you."

"But why? We barely even know each other."

"Isn't that's why it's a date? You know, you get to know each other from there."

"I know what a date is! You know what I mean, you don't like me and I don't even like you, and I'd know if you did start taking interest in me, but nothing. So why now?"

"You know what it doesn't matter I can't go out with yo-"

"I don't like Andrea, I prefer you to her."

"And is that suppose to make me happy? You literally just insulted my bff! Besides what is there not to like about her? She's cute, caring, nic-"

"But she never really knew me for me. Nichole I need someone who understands me even when I don't understand me and you do after that night I just can't get you off my mind. When you can't stop thinking of someone isn't that what love is about?"

"No. Love is... Love is... Well, I really don't know."

"Don't you want to find out?"

"I do but... I might not know what love is but I know it doesn't just take one day to love someone and i-it takes action not words. Troy am certain what you feel for me is shell gratitude and it's not enough to love."

"Then give me a chance Nichole, Five dates that's all I ask for. And if you're right we can go our separate ways but if I am then let's make it official."

Nichole let's out a sigh.

"Very well. But if I am you promise to give Andrea a chance."

"Deal."

"It's not official only between us."

"Sure"

"One more thing, three dates it's all I can agree to."

"Seriously?" He groan.

"What? Not interested?"

He rolls his eyes, before smirking.
"Deal."

"Do you even know how to give a genuine smile aside that stupid smirk of yours?"

"Nope. Why interested?."

"Aha very funny."

"I wasn't trying to be funny I thought I was being honest."

"Shut up."

They walk home side by side.

Somewhere in the shadows.

"That Nichole is such a fame seeker, she is becoming quite a threat to me." Alexa says.

"And to think the nerve of her to go out with Troy."

"Technically she is Nichole Luce so..." She realize Alexa was glaring at her.

"So?"

"So... What are you going to do about her?" She rush out nervously.

" Well am not about to let anyone dethrone me as the queen, I have a plan." She said with a mischievous smirk.

***
The next day at school

Andrea walks to her locker.

"Hey Andrea can we talk?" Becky said walking towards Andrea.

As she sees Becky Andrea gasps her whole body shook with dread.

"Uh... Sure."

Becky observed her environment.
"So. Nichole isn't early today."

' Oh no here comes the snarky comments, followed by the degrading and then the beating. I am done for. Please don't hit me. Please don't hit me. Please don't hit me.' Andrea thought to herself praying to the heavens inwardly.

"Hey relax I am not going to hit you. I didn't come here to pick a fight. Wait do I always pick a fight?"

Andrea eyes are wide open knowing fully well she said that out loud.

"Anyway there is something I want to tell you so pay attention."

"Look I know you like Troy. Nichole told me. But the thing is Nichole has plan to go out with Troy. What kind of friend is she , she won't even tell you anything especially if she plans to steal Troy from you."

Andrea felt a tug in her heart knowing they is a slight chance Becky was right, Nichole was close with Troy this days but how come she never said anything about it.

"Um, Troy was never mine to begin with. If she wants to go out with him then so be it, I don't mind. She's my friend and I won't let anything come between our friendship."

It was too late because the witch already senses the doubt and feeling of betrayal in her eyes. It wasn't there because she plans to go out with Troy, it was there because she didn't say anything. It was the feeling of being lied to.

"See that's the thing she is lying to you all in the name of friendship. Here if you still think I am lying." She shows Andrea a video clip of Nichole and Troy together.

"What? You still think am lying? I know am bad but at least I don't hide behind a smile or a personality which doesn't suit me. Let me be frank with you; Troy will never love you and Nichole knows this, she never really intend to help you all she wants is to see you broken it's all part of a plan.
Andrea freaks never have friends, just people wanting to use you. But if you still want to get hurt then go on ask her and see if she dares to say the truth. If she doesn't have anything to hide then why should she lie?"

Nichole comes up to Andrea while Becky was just walking away.

"Hey what was that about? Andrea?."

"Um, nothing."

"Well if you say so. Come on I believe this way to class."

She pulls Andrea with herself.

"Um, Nichole can I talk to you about something?"

"Sure anything."

" Do you think I am good enough for Troy? I mean since I am only a freak."

"Hey don't say that you are so much more and I just know you two are a match made in heaven, he would be lucky to have you."

"Thank you." She mutters softly.

They continue to walk again.

"Nichole you won't hide anything from me right?"

"Hey where is that coming from? Of course not."

"Okay." Andrea smile softly.

' Andrea I know it's wrong to keep this from you but I honestly don't want you to feel sad and hurt that's why am doing this and Troy is a mess so I couldn't say no to him, people like him needs someone at this rate. Hopefully, I want to fix him somehow, I want to help him recover. It's just three days I know if you found out about this you'd be sad and want to give up and I don't want you to give up on him because truthfully you're the only one who can help him but he doesn't know it yet. I really wish I could tell you why, but it's not my secret to tell.' Nichole said inwardly

' Liar.' Andrea thought to herself.

Remember every stage of your lives passed only earns you a key to unlock new chapters of it lose or gained life goes on... Aimuamwosa Iroghama

We all are protagonists of our own lives because we each have stories to tell.