Chapter 9- Mackenzie

It was a Monday's morning and a girl could be seen at a garden admiring every flower she comes across; she inhale and exhale deeply,
feeling a strong sense of relaxation.

"Kenz?! kenzie?! Where are you? Oh there you are, I've been looking everywhere for you." A Middle-aged woman says emerging before her daughter, she looked to be around her early thirties; dark hair and slight freckles that complimented her skin tone, overall she was gorgeous.

"Sorry mom, I didn't hear you call , I was outside."

"No problem sweetie."

"So. What's up? What's so important that can't wait till at least half my morning routine was over."

"The usual."

"You don't say."

"Yup it's true, you got another letter."

"Is it from Roy?"

"As if," She scoff. "From your secret admirer of course." She cheers enthusiastic.

"Mom! I already told you don't bother with this things, if it isn't from Roy then it's insignificant, so you need not waste time on it," She whine.

"Well somebody had to do the mail checking." She replies dismissive getting ready to unlock the letter.

"Don't open it." She warn, looking sternly at her mom who was about to.

"And don't even think of writing a reply." She reprimands, giving a pointy look to which her mom raises her hands in the air in mock surrender.

"Fine then I won't, have it your way. My fault for trying to find my ungrateful daughter a much suitable boyfriend, humph."

"Okay mom I get it, my apology, do you forgive me?"

"Hmm... I will like to think about it if you don't mind."

"Sure take all the time in the world." She says sarcastic.

"As a matter of fact will do."

Mackenzie groan, earning a giggle from her mom.

An imaginary light bulb seems to ignite atop her head, "I have come to a conclusion and decide to accept your apology only on the terms; you promise you'd try and get to the bottom of this secret admirer of yours. Besides this person has revealed in one of his letters he goes to same school as you, so it won't hurt to try."

"Well isn't the point of these whole secret admirer thingy to stay hidden?"

Her mother with a sigh massages her temple. "Goodness Kenzie, why so stubborn? We can argue like this forever-"

"My point exactly. But since we'll both gain nothing, why not leave it at that and forget this conversation ever happened to begin with. So...what do you say?" She cooled with a grin but when she saw her mom was unyielding, her smile slowly falters and diminish without a trace of it ever being there.

"Oh look out that, I am late for school. Guess I will head right in my room and get ready. It's a big day."she chuckles nervously as she meets her mom's gaze, she didn't look convinced.

"It's six in the morning."

"Oh is it now? I counted seven."

Her mom instantly brought her cell to Kenzie's face.

"Ah. You see funny thing about clocks, yours may sometimes be incorrect in some situations, like this one to be frank. So I recommend you get that checked." She replies awkwardly,
"In the meantime I'll just... Yeah... Bye." She was eager to go in, midway through...