Chapter 10- Mackenzie 2

AT SCHOOL

Nichole was in her early morning shift, she was in a hurry to finish up before the commencement of any class lessons when she hears the sound of tyres screech. Too focused on the task at hand she doesn't pay much attention to the wrongly parked car. However became curious when the sound of tyres screeching continues, it was persistent. Eventually she caved in to her curiosity, feeling both irritated and curious she decide to check it out. She watch from were she stood and witness a car cutting the speed of the other by blocking it's path.

"Oh my, that is noway to park your car. Besides this isn't fully the school's parking lot, what are they doing?"

They both step out of the car.

"Roy!"

"Them again?" This intensifies her curiosity.

"Roy come back here, you haven't answered my question."

"What's there to answer? We broke up remember?"

"No, you broke up. As far as I am concerned you haven't given me a reasonable explanation so what makes you think I will let you go just like that? Or don't you agree you owe me any considering the time we spent together? Roy am sorry okay, let's start over and forget whatever the hell happened."

"Kenzie nothing happened, I just decide to end things the way I did because I got bored that simple, but what I don't get is why it's so hard for you to understand. I am so sick and tired of you Mackenzie! stop being
clingy all the time. I am not your fucking property, and I sure as hell don't need you to hold onto me."

"Why are you being like this Roy?"

"Like what kenz? Does it displease you? Well I will have you know this has always been who I am and I never once hid it, or have you forgotten? I am the school's player, do I need to remind you of your place? Well it's a good thing I don't mind. I have said it once and will say it again you and I are only for the fun part of things aside that they is no you and I. In other words, you mean nothing to me so I can afford to date whomever I deem worthy. You forget your place." He says with contempt.

"Okay, well, I know I can be a bit clingy but that's something we can talk about. Besides, you of all people should understand my reason for being clingy is because I care about you, I can't lose you Roy, I really can't. I won't know what to do."

"You'll get yourself a new boyfriend."

"Roy!"

He doesn't say anything further, as he gets into his car and zoom off leaving only the dust were he left.

Feeling pissed Kenzie groan dissatisfied.

"Bastard." She mutters sadly.

Sighing, she turns around instantly catching Nichole off guard. She spots Nichole, their gaze linger for a while then she frowns; Nichole feeling embarrass tend to the floor.

She scrubs the floor for few more minute when she starts hearing noises all over again, she listens attentively and follows the sound quietly, careful not to make a sound, as she gets closer only then does she realize it was sobbing noises, she sees a door and slowly unlocks she quietly slip in not making her presence known. When the sobbing has subside she offers her hanky which was instantly snatched from her.

After a while she clears her throat gaining Kenzie's attention.

"Just so you know I wasn't really spying on you on purpose, I happen to be in charge of the janitor's duty for a couple of weeks... Simply put I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that also includes yesterday and well, right now." She chuckles nervously.