Chapter 18- Mild trauma

Nichole rode in her car, she followed closely behind the taxi Andrea was in.

'You know nothing about me!'

Andrea's words cut deep she was right; how can they be friends if Nichole knew nothing about her, not even were she lived; each time she'd insist on dropping Andrea off, she would decline and make silly excuses.

' I am possibly the worse kind of person. What a mistake for a friend I am.' Nichole thought inwardly as she sped the car along the road.

Truth is she felt ashamed.

***

Nichole watch Andrea go inside.

"Maybe I should just go."

She contemplated like she did the rest hours. She contemplated whether going in or not. She didn't see any reason to, Andrea was mad at her maybe all the more reason to go back home. She looked for every possible  explanation she could muster as she thought of what to say.

She wasn't sure how long she contemplated for, but a loud sound brought her back to reality.

"What was that?"

She tries to ignore, but there it was again.

*****

Andrea's pov

As I walk quietly into the house, I notice a male passed out on the couch; it wasn't surprising Aunt Veronica was out drinking with her male friends again. Hopefully she too would be passed out and sound asleep somewhere. I was late, it was night time already the time reads 9:27pm. It's the latest I have ever been but I needed the time alone, I needed space. I know I should have come a much earlier time than I did, I guess I just realized what difference would it make? I am late I will most likely get a beating so I decided to wait until she falls asleep. And ta-da guess who was right this girl.

She triumph in her head.

She slowly and sneakily try to crawl into her room.

"And where are you coming from you slut?" Aunt Veronica snarl.

At the sound of her voice the hairs on Andrea's neck stand.

Andrea knowing full well Aunt Veronica was drunk as usual and would require a punching bag like always; she refused to be her punching bag tonight.

She make a run for it but is caught before she even climb the flights of stairs heading to her room.

"Didn't you hear me slut I asked a question where are you coming from?" She forcefully grip Andrea's hair

"I... I..." She groan in pain.

"Come here you." Aunt Veronica pull her by the hair.

She pulled her with one hand and the other is a beer bottle.

"Stop please stop." Andrea begged to be set free, she thrashed up and down in an attempt to free herself from her Aunt's clutches.

"Stay still you piece of trash!" She yell, her breath reeking of beer.

Andrea continues to struggle.

"Stay still you freak!"

Aunt Veronica smack her across the face.

Andrea stumbles slightly, she falls to the ground.

She has a cut on her face from when Aunt Veronica slapped her with the rings on her fingers.

Andrea was having a mild trauma from when she was called a freak.

'freak.'

'why don't you just die freak.'

'hey freak show!'

'You're nobody freak.'

They all watched her with scornful gaze her demons are out of the cage and are coming after her.

"See I told you to play nice like you always do when someone pick on you. Tsk it's such a pity that I haven't even begin the torment yet and you're already on the floor. It's going to be a really long night for you my sweet pearl." She had a sadistic smirk on.

"Now stand up. I said stand up!"

Andrea doesn't do as she is told.

"Very well, then allow me."

Aunt Veronica forcefully grabbed her hair pulling her up.

"Stay still freak!" She snap.

"Enough!" Andrea pushed Aunt Veronica and the beer bottle broke.

"I. Am. Not. A freak!" She yelled agitated.

Her aunt slowly get up.

"You dare. I see you have grown balls." The crazed look in her eyes were frightening.

"The nerve of you to touch me. How dare you, you little bitch!"

"Aunt Veronica enough of this, please. I have had enough. I will leave if you want me to but just... Just don't hurt me anymore. I am fed up."

"So little Andrea is all grown up now she wants to fight me."

"No. I will never." Andrea said softly, voice in disbelief.

"Very well then I suppose it's high time I give you a send off to your deceased mother first!"

With that Aunt Veronica lunged at her, grabbing a fistful of her hair, she push her to the ground filled with shards of beer bottle.

Andrea winces; she was in so much pain, both palms and knees are covered in blood, her blood.

She shook violently as a sob break free from her lip.

"Aw you poor thing. It's really not my fault Andrea you had to force my hand, now look what happened. hurry up and clean this mess."

Aunt Veronica walk away.

Andrea dragged herself up, climbing the flights of stairs she head to her room. She stare at the single shard on her clenched fist

***

Freak. Freak. Freak. Those voice continue to echo in the back of her mind. She stare at the single shard on her clenched fist.

After making few long cuts across her neck she noticed the dress on her bedside. It was given to her by Becky she was inviting her to a party; she suddenly had an idea.

***

Nichole walk in. Her eyes almost pop out, at the horrid state of the place. She notice shards everywhere what scared her is the fact it was all covered in blood. Whose blood?

She follow the trail of blood leading her to a flight of stairs.

Slowly she open the door; on getting there what she witness causes her breath to get caught in her throat.

"Andrea?" Although deep down Nichole already knew the answer, but she was too scared to admit; hopefully it will be someone else's.

Large quantity of blood smeared the whole floor.

"What hell have you been going through?"

Remember every stage of life passed only earns you a key to unlock new chapters of it lose or gained life goes on.... Aimuamwosa Iroghama

We all are protagonists of our own lives because we each have stories to tell.