19 - MIT Acceptance and Doctor Strange

The school year went on and Hailey not only applied to universities but began hearing back from them. Every time she and Chase heard something from the universities they applied too, they're left disappointed at what they read.

"None of this would've happened if you two got yourselves involved with Peter Parker," Jeremy Freeman said.

"Dad, stop it," Hailey begged. "Peter is a nice guy. He didn't murder anyone."

"How would you know that?" Jeremy snapped at her, shocking not only Hailey, but also her brother and mother.

"Jeremy," Olivia Freeman said. "You've known Peter since he was a little kid. You know that Hailey and Chase helped him -"

"Which is why I don't them anywhere near him," Jeremy interrupted. "Not only did he kill Mysterio but he forced them to help him. Why would you want our kids to be associated with someone like him?"

"Dad, Peter didn't force us to do anything," Chase said. "We willingly helped him. He didn't want us to help him."

Jeremy looked at Chase.

"Stop defending a murderer, Chase," Jeremy said. "Peter killed him and you and your sister know that."

Hailey and Chase shared a look. 

No matter what they said about Peter and reminded their father how much he liked him, Jeremy refuses to accept it. He refuses to hear anything otherwise.

Olivia left and got the room.

She came back in, holding up two envelopes.

"Hailey, Chase! MIT!" she said.

Hailey and Chase looked at their mother, hopeful.

"It is?" Hailey said.

Hailey and Chase stood up and rushed over to their mother and left.

"Where are you going?" Jeremy called after his kids, who didn't responded.

"We need to go before Dad stops us," Chase said.

"Yeah," Hailey said.

They ran to the Hide Out, knowing that Peter and Ned were going to be there, possibly waiting for them to open their MIT acceptance.

Hannah was the only person in the Hide Out.

"Hey," Hailey said, trying to catch her breath.

"Hey, Hannah greeted the siblings. "MIT acceptance?"

Chase nodded. "Yeah," he said, out of breath.

"Peter and Ned aren't here yet," Hannah informed them.

They both nodded.

Hannah gave them both water to drink.

They had a mini fridge in the Hide Out. They stocked the fridge with a variety of drinks that everyone liked. They all agreed to pitch in when buying the drinks.

Peter and Ned both came.

"Ready?" Chase said.

"I feel like I'm gonna puke," Ned said, nervously.

"Please, don't," Hannah begged. "I don't handle seeing puke or someone puking very well."

"Same here," Hailey said.

Ned nodded.

"This is our only shot," Ned said. "It's here, or nowhere."

"Hey! Come on," Peter said, optimistically. 

"Okay," Hailey said. "You guys ready?"

"Yeah," Chase, Peter and Ned said.

"Okay," Chase said. "On three. One... two... three..."