02 - Last Day of School

Hailey's alarm clock went off on the last day of school. She remembered that it was the last day of school.

Unlike her brother, Hailey loves school. She loves to learn new things in class and the social aspect of school. She looks forward to heading to school, but after having to attend school for many months, she just needs a good, long break from school to relax and feel motivated again to go back to school in the fall.

Hailey got out of bed and left her bedroom and headed over to her brothers room.

"Chase!" Hailey said as she took off the blanket off of him. "Come on! Wake up!"

"Oh," he groaned. "Do I have to?"

"Yes," Hailey said. "Come on, get out of bed and get ready."

Chase groaned again. "Okay," he said, sitting up and swinging his legs around the bed. "I'm getting up."

He scratched his head as he stood up and walked over to his closet to pick out something to wear.

"I swear if I have to come back again..." Hailey said as she walked out of her room.

Hailey got ready for the school and went to the kitchen. 

"Hey, you're in the kitchen before me," Hailey said in surprise at the sight of Chase in the kitchen.

"Yeah," he yawned. 

Hailey and Chase quickly had breakfast and left the house.

The two entered their school and a poorly edited video in a tribute of the fallen Avengers, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, although it is unknown if he had died or not, Natasha Romanoff and Vision played. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Huston was playing in the video.

The screen then shifted to show Midtown School's news show with Betty Brant and Jason Ionello.

"Gone," Betty said, "But not forgotten."

"Thanks to Kenneth Lim and Vihaan Ramamurthy for their help with that touching video tribute," Jason said.

"This year has been nothing short of-"

"Shit is crazy" Jason said, but his cursing was bleeped out. "It's like, insane."

"Jason," Betty said.

"What?"

"No swearing."

"Yeah, it's like the last day of school, we're good," Jason said.

Chase smirked as he walked past the screen.

"Historic. Over five years ago, half of all life in the universe, including our own Midtown High was wiped from existence," Betty said. "But then eight months ago, a band of brave heroes brought us back. They called it the Blip. Those of us who blipped away came back the same age. But our classmates that didn't blip grew five years older."

"I wish people would stop talking about it," Chase said, his smirk disappearing off his face.

"Yeah, me too," Hailey agreed, "but it happened so recent that..."

"They're still talking about it," Chase sighed.

"Yeah, like my little brother is now older than me," Jason said on the screen.

Jason's comment about his brother caused Chase to smile.

"Yeah, and my sister and I now are the same age," Chase said.

Hailey chuckled.

"Yeah, it's math," Betty said, annoyed. "And even though we had blipped away half way through the school year and had already taken midterms, the school made us start the whole year over from the beginning."