25 - Statue of Liberty

It was finally time to bring the villains to the Stature of Liberty.

Hannah went with the three Peters to the Statue of Liberty while Hailey, Chase, Anthony, and Ned stayed behind.

Anthony was able to make tiny communication devices for the Peters from the different universes so they can communicate with Anthony and the others.

Peter called into J. Jonah Jameson's show to let everyone know where he was at.

Hailey, Chase, Anthony, and Ned were watching it.

"Ladies and gentlemen..." Jameson said in the live stream, "The Bugle tip line has just received a call from none other than the fugitive known as Spider-Man, fresh from his rampage in Queens. So, Peter Parker... What pernicious propaganda are you peddling?"

"Just the truth," Peter said in the call.

"Oh, sure," Jameson said.

"The truth is," Peter said, "that this is all my fault. I accidentally brought those dangerous people here."

Jameson spread his arms. "Well, he admits it!"

"And if those people are watching... Just know that I really did try to help you," Peter said, holding up the box, "I could've killed you. At any given moment, but I didn't. Because my Aunt May taught me that everyone deserves a second chance. And that's why I'm here."

"And where is here, exactly?" Jameson asked.

"A place that represents second chances," Peter said.

He showed the feed of the scaffolding surrounding the Statue of Liberty.

"The Statue of Liberty?" Jameson said. "Good God, folks! He's about to destroy another landmark.

"The world, if you're watching..."

"Believe me, the world is watching."

"Wish me luck," Peter said. "Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man could really use some."

Chase put his arm around Hailey.

"He'll be okay," Chase assured her. "He's got Hannah and the other two Peters."

"I don't want them to get hurt," Hailey said.

Hailey sat down.

She, Chase, Anthony and Ned could hear the conversation that Hannah and the three Peter's were having. They heard them ask the oldest Peter about his webs and how he shoots, the aliens they've fought...

Finally, Hailey's Peter said, "Alright, guys, focus up. Can you feel it?"

"Yeah," the oldest Peter said.

Hailey heard Max Dillion greet them.

Thunder rumbled as Electro appeared.

"How do you like the new - new?" Max asked Hannah and the Peters ended. "Look you give it to me, I'm gonna destroy it. But I'll let you live."

Hailey, Chase, Anthony, and Ned had no idea what was going on. They could only rely on what they're saying to have some sort of idea of what is happening.

"Alright, Ned," Chase said. "Create a portal."

"What?"

"Create a portal," Chase repeated. "We gotta help Hannah, Peter, Peter, and Peter. We've got the other cures. We gotta get it to them somehow, right?"

Hailey, Chase and Anthony encouraged Ned and kept telling him that he could do it and create a portal until he was able to do it.

"... it's not working," Ned said.

"It's alright," Hailey said.

"It's fine," Chase said.

"We'll just do it again," Anthony said.

Ned had his hands extended, one hand out straight, and his other had two fingers up.

"We're gonna keep trying," Hailey said. "Just focus."

"Just focus," Ned repeated.

"Yeah, just focus," Chase said. "You've got this, buddy."

Ned took a deep breath.

Next thing Hailey, Chase, Ned and Anthony knew was that the Lizard was coming after them. He had noticed the open portal and was coming in to get them.

"And that is a Lizard," Hailey said, in a panicked voice.

"Run! Run!" Chase exclaimed.

The four of them ran away from the portal.

One of the Peter's came in after the Lizard and kicked him into one of the shelves.

There was no time to figure out which Peter it was. They needed to get away.

"Run!" Peter said.

Hailey recognized the voice. It was her Peter's voice.

They ran around the counter and through the portal.

The Lizard threw Peter and chased Hailey, Chase, Ned, and Anthony.

Hanah came through the portal to help Peter.

"Connors stop!" Hannah said as Hailey, Chase, Ned and Anthony ran through the portal.

Hailey and Chase held onto each other's hands so they wouldn't lose each other.

"Ned! Anthony!" Hailey called.

She didn't want to lose them. She wanted to know if they were behind her and Chase.

"Right behind you!" Anthony responded.

Peter, Hannah, and the Lizard came back through the portal, still fighting.

Electro was using his powers to keep one of the two Peter's from curing him. The electricity kept Peter in the air.

"Peter!" Hannah called to the one that was being trapped in the air by Electro.

The cure dropped onto the ramp.

Peter who wasn't fighting anyone grabbed the cure.

Hannah used her powers to counteract Electro, knowing that her powers and Electro's would not work against each other.

Before anyone could do anything, three mechanical tentacles grabbed them and a fourth tentacle picked up the cure.

Hailey wanted to help but the Lizard was still after them.

Doctor Octavius came up from behind Electro.

"Leave them, they're mine," he told Electro.

"I don't need your help," Electro said. "I'm doing just fine."

"Doctor Octavius," Peter Two said.

Next thing they knew, Doctor Octavius turned on Electro and put the cure in his chest.

He let go of the two Peters and Hannah.

Ned looked back as they were running away from the Lizard. He created a portal and turned.

Water came through the portal and hit the Lizard.

Peter jumped seeing what happened and Chase grabbed the cure that was webbed to one of the railings.

Peter picked the Lizard as he regained control.

"Chase!"

"Peter!" Chase called.

The Lizard lunged at Peter and just in time, Peter grabbed the cure and turned the handle, unleashing green smoke, curing the Lizard.

Hailey sighed in relief.

That's another villain cured.

Something began to nag Hailey in the back of her mind. There was something that they were forgetting, but what?