09 - Hotel Room

Peter and Hailey got back to the hotel and rushed to Peter's room. 

"I can't believe I gave Beck those glasses," Peter said as he closed the curtains in his room. "How could I be that stupid? He'd probably be spying on me right now or sending a drone to come and kill me."

"You had access to killer drones?" Hailey said, almost terrified.

"Yeah, I didn't really want them," Peter said, as he typed on his computer, "especially after I almost killed Brad."

"You almost killed Brad?" Hailey said.

She would be furious but she was too busy trying to process that Peter really is Spider - Man and Mysterio is the bad guy.

"Look, I have to call Mr. Fury and tell him that Beck is a fraud," Peter said, "but I think he tapped my phone."

"So, what are you going to do?"

"I need my suit and I have to go to Berlin," Peter said, "and talk to Mr. Fury in person."

Peter took off his jacket and shirt.

Hailey turned around as Peter took off his jeans and changed into his suit. She was tempted to look back, but resisted.

She looked to the door to see Ned and Chase standing there holding the door open.

Chase's jaw was wide open in shock.

Peter zipped up his suit and noticed Ned at the door.

"Oh, Ned, perfect," Peter said, relieved.

"The costume looks great for the costume party at the prince's castle," Ned lied. 

Hailey have him a confused look.

Peter pointed at Hailey.

"She knows," he told Ned. "I told her."

"He didn't tell me," Hailey said. "I figured it out."

Ned nodded. "Oh. That's cool."

Chase appeared behind Ned.

"Loo, Mysterio is a fraud," Peter siad.

"But he saved me and Betty's lives," Ned said.

"He's been faking the whole thing," Hailey explained, "with illusion tech."

"Yeah, he's using these, like holographic projectors," Peter added.

"That's crazy."

"Yeah," Hailey agreed.

Chase appeared from behind Ned.

"Hey, Ned, have you seen -" Chase stopped in his tracks, his mouth opened in shock.

"What?" Hailey asked.

Chase stuttered. "That - that's P - Pet - Peter is - y - you -"

"Yeah, it's me," Peter said, laughing nervously. "I'm Spider-Man."

Chase's mouth hung slightly open.

"Chase, you can't tell anyone," Peter said, taking a few steps towards Chase. "No one can know."

"B - b - but h - h - how? When? What?" 

"I know this is shocking," Hailey said, "but we need to help Peter."

"Help - help Peter? He's Spider - Man! He can do anything!" Chase said, his voice slightly higher than usual.

"I know, Chase," Hailey said.

"Look, Chase, I will explain everything later," Peter promised, "but right now, we need to stop Mysterio.

"Stop Mysterio?" Chase said in the same tone. "Why?"

"He's a fraud," Hailey said. "He's been using illusion technology."

"What?" Chase said, still trying to process everything. "I need to sit down."

He walked over and sat down on the edge of Peter's bed, clearly overwhelmed. 

"So, you guys were working the case together or what?" Ned asked.

"It's been mostly me," Hailey said.

"Ned, I need you to call May," Peter said, "and get her to call Mr. Harrington, say she wanted me to stay with family in Berlin, okay?"

"Got it," Ned nodded. "Easy."

"Wow, you guys lie with such ease," Chase said.

"Tell me about it," Hailey said.

Ned chuckled.

"I gotta go," Peter said.

Hailey noticed the projector was still on the bed.

"Wait, wait, wait," Hailey said, "the projector."

She took a step forward, picked up the projector and turned around threw it to Peter.

"You're to need this," Hailey said as Peter caught it.

"Chase, Hailey, don't tell anyone about this, okay?" Peter said. "Anyone who knows is in danger."

He covered his eye and jumped out of the window and began to swing around the city. 

"In danger?" Chase repeated. 

He got up from the bed and rushed over to the window.

"What do you mean by danger?" Chase called after him. 

Authors Note

Hi everyone. sorry for not updating in a while. I've been really busy with college. Hopefully, I can update again this weekend when I have more time. 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and let me know what you think.