14 - Home

Hailey and Chase went home with their parents. Their sisters were waiting for them at home.

"Hey," they said when they got home.

They hugged Chase and Hailey, tightly.

"We were so worried," their mother said.

"They're fine," Jeremy, their father, assured. "They made it home safely."

Chase smiled.

"Go - go unpack," Olivia, their mother, said. "You know what? Let me unpack for the both of you. You just came back home from that trip and everything that you two and your class went through..."

She pulled their suitcases to their bedrooms and unpacked for them.

"I don't Mom will let you two out of the house for the next few days," Rachel said.

Chase chuckled.

"She was a wreck when she saw the first attack where you guys where," Jeremy added.

"Well, we can't just stay home all day long," Chase said. "She'll drive us nuts."

"Yeah, good luck with that," Daisy said. "She already drove us nuts being worried sick about the both of you."

"Don't worry," Jeremy assured Chase and Hailey. "If you wanna go out, go out, have fun with your friends. It's summer vacation. I'll deal with your mother."

Chase and Hailey nodded.

"Speaking of friends," Hailey said, "can we go get pizza with them?"

"Yeah, please," Chase said. "We agreed to go get pizza later today."

"Who's going?" Jeremy asked.

"Um, Elizabeth, Justin, and Maddie," Chase said.

Jeremy nodded. "Alright. Text me when you get there."

"Knowing Mom, she'll probably freak out if they went alone," Rachel said.

"Good point," Jeremy said.

"Just take us to the pizza parlor," Hailey said. "That way you can tell me that you took us to get pizza."

Rachel nodded.

Rachel took Chase and Hailey to the pizza parlor to meet up with their friends to eat.

She left them for an hour and a half before picking them up again to head home.

As expected, Olivia was slightly panicking over Chase and Hailey going out. The moment she saw Rachel enter the house after them, she calmed down.

"Oh, good," she said, relieved. "You were with them."

"Liv, geez, calm down," Jeremy said. "They got home safely. They're fine. Do you see any injuries on them?"

"N - no," she said.

"Exactly," Jeremy said. "They're fine."

"Mom, we didn't get hurt on the trip," Hailey lied. "Spider - Man and the Spark showed up and saved us."

Chase nodded.

"Spider - Man and the Spark?" Daisy repeated, surprised.

Olivia bit her lip.

"Uh - huh," Chase said, smiling. "It was so cool. Kinda."

"You saw them?" Jeremy said, his eyes widening.

"Sorta," Hailey said. "We saw glimpses of them, right, Chase?"

"Oh, right, right," Chase said.

He forgot for a moment that he couldn't tell his family the truth. He and Hailey both knew that if their parents found out what happened that they knew the identity of Spider - Man and they helped them a bit, not only will their mother freak out even more than she has, their father will freak out as well.

"I'm going to my room," Daisy said.

"Same here," Rachel said.

They left Chase and Hailey in the living room with their parents.

"Hey, Hailey, I found this in your suitcase," Olivia said, showing her the broken Dahlia that Peter

Chase looked at his sister.

"Do you want me to throw it away?" she asked.

"No!" Hailey exclaimed.

Chase looked at Hailey confused.

"You don't?" Jeremy said. "Honey, it's broken."

"I know, but it's fine," Hailey said.

"Where did you get it from?"

"Um," Hailey said, nervously.

She wasn't sure if she should tell her parents about Peter. She knew they'll be okay with it, but the fear of them not being okay with it terrified her.

"Um, uh, it was a gift," she said.

"A gift?" Jeremy nodded.

"A gift from wh - wait never mind," Chase said. "I'm gonna go to my room."

"Me too," Hailey said.

"Wait, hold on," Jeremy said, holding his hand up. "Chase, you can go, Hailey, sit," he pointed to the empty spot next to him not the coach.

Hailey sighed as she walked over to sit next to her father on the coach.

Chase was free to leave.

"Who is the gift from?" Jeremy asked his youngest.

"It's from Peter Parker," Hailey bit her lip.

"Peter Parker?" Olivia said.

Hailey nodded.

"Do you like him?" Jeremy asked.

"Uh," Hailey said.

She wasn't sure what to say. She wanted to tell her parents the truth that she and Peter began dating during the trip, but she was terrified on how they'll react.

She reminded herself of their reactions they had whenever her sisters brought a boyfriend home in the past. Most of the time, they had a good reaction and were supportive unless they got a bad feeling from them.

They knew Peter Parker. They've known Peter since he was a kid. Chase and Peter were friends for years.

"Yes," she said.

"Is there anything going on?" Jeremy said, calmly.

Hailey nodded. "Yes."

Jeremy leaned back.

"When?" Olivia asked.

"The trip."

"Oh! So you two only began dating?" Jeremy said, surprised.

Hailey nodded.

"Honey, the gift is broken," Olivia pointed out.

"Yeah, but I don't want to throw it away, Mom," Hailey said. "It broke with all the chaos of the trip."

"What are you going to do with it?" Olivia asked.

"Um, I'll figure something out," Hailey said. "Can I go to my room now?"

"Yeah, okay," Jeremy said.

She took the broken Black Dahlia from her mother and went to her room.

Authors Note

Hey guys! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

I began a new Spider - Man fanfic, Two Young Hearts and a few other fanfics, Broken Frame and Cloudy. Go check them out! I'd appreciate it.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter again! The next chapter should come out soon!