15 - Unexpected Turn of Events

Hailey and Chase spent the morning unpacking their suitcases.

Hailey took her clothes to the laundry room and put it in the washing machine and went back up. 

"Hey, Hailey, where are the stuff that we got for the family?" Chase asked.

"Oh, they're in the carry on," Hailey said.

Chase walked over to the carry - on and opened it to reveal some extra clothes that Hailey forgot to unpack and the gifts that they had bought for their family.

They sorted through he gifts and reminded each other which gift is for who before they gave the gifts to their parents and sisters.

After giving the gifts to their family, Rachel and Jeremy went out to get lunch for the family and came back an hour later with food.

"Ooh, the food smells good," Chase smiled.

They set up the table and began to eat their lunch.

After lunch, Hailey and Chase went grocery shopping with their mother and came back home and helped her put everything away.

The rest of the day was spent at home.

Hailey and Chase washed their clothes and dried them and put them away in their closets in their bedroom.

That night, Hailey changed and laid on her bed. She read the texts that her friends had sent in the group chat, already making plans to hang out together the next day. 

Hailey bit her lip, wishing she could go hang out with them, but she already made plans with Peter.

They both planned to go out on a date the next day and didn't want to cancel on him last minute to hang out with Chase and their friends. Plus, it was their first date and didn't want to postpone the date.

She also knew that Chase and their friends wouldn't let her cancel her date with Peter. She knew that if she said that she would cancel her date with Peter, they would postpone their plans only for her to go on the date with him.

Hailey drifted off to sleep.

Everyone in a fifth grade class were too distracted to pay attention to what their teacher said. There was a spaceship in the sky.

An 11 - year - old Hailey Freeman was first to notice the spaceship.

"Miss. Freeman," her teacher said. "Pay attention."

"But there's a spaceship outside," she said.

"What are you talking about?" her teacher asked.

"A spaceship," Hailey said. "It's outside in the sky."

She pointed out of the window.

Her class quickly got up and rushed to the window.

They were all in awe at the sight of the spaceship.

Their teacher was stunned to see a spaceship.

"Alright, kids," she said. "Come on, pay attention. You have a math assignment to complete.

The class paid no attention to the teacher. They were all talking about the spaceship and what it might contain.

Hailey smiled at the sight. 

They heard footsteps outside in the halls. Students were rushing out of their classroom to get a better look at the spaceship.

Without speaking, Hailey's class got up and rushed out into the halls and ran out of the school and looked up at the sky.