22 - Variants

Ned sat at the head of the table

Ned sat at the head of the table. Anthony and Hailey sat across from each other.

Chase was sitting down next to Hailey, but grew restless, waiting to hear from Peter and Hannah.

They spent all day at Ned's house. They tried to keep themselves distracted while they waited for Peter and Hannah to text them, but it was hard.

Their worry for Peter and Hannah just grew as more time passed by

Eventually, they turned on the news.

They would much rather have the news on than just sit there in silence. At least the news filled the silence and they might be able to hear something about Peter and Hannah.

Hailey's leg shook and she fidgeted with a piece of tissue as she waited to hear from Peter and Hannah.

It was only when J Jonah Jameson appeared on the news, outside of Happy Hogan's apartment with some destruction around on the ground that they finally heard something.

Lola, Ned's grandmother, served them dinner.

They watched the news in despair when the news reporter said, "... and we can confirm at least one person has been killed."

They watched the news, having found out that something had happened at Happy's apartment complex. That's where Peter and Hannah were with the villains and May.

Hailey's anxieties worsened as Jameson continued to accuse Peter and Hannah of the destruction that had happened at Happy's apartment complex. He continued to tell the audience that innocent people are the ones left to pick up the pieces for what Peter and Hannah did.

It was about time that Jameson finally started including Hannah in the storyline. Well... he's including the Spark and trying his hardest to find out her identity.

When Jameson signed out, the news reporter came on the screen just as Lola, Ned's grandmother served dinner.

" ...and we can confirm at least one person has been killed," the news reporter said.

Hailey felt all the color drain from her face.

"Still nothing?" Chase asked.

He stopped pacing when he heard the news reporter say that at least one person had been killed.

Who could it be?

"No," Ned sighed, disappointed.

"I'm going to press it," Hailey decided.

"What? No!" Anthony exclaimed.

"I know that Peter and Hannah told me to wait, but... I'm going to do it," Hailey said.

"I just wish... I wish we could see him," Ned said, making a circular gesture with Doctor Strange's ring.

He had the rings on.