06 - Prague

After the events in the bus, Hailey was happy to get to Prague. 

"That bus ride was crazy," Justin said as he, Hailey, Chase and their friends followed their teachers into the hotel they were staying in.

"Yeah, it was," Maddie agreed

"Wow, this place is so classy," they heard Betty say as they entered.

"Yeah, so why are we here?" one of their classmates asked.

"Dang, this place is amazing," Chase said. 

"Yeah," Elizabeth said. "This is probably the nicest hotel I ever stayed at."

"Uh - huh," Maddie agreed.

"Speak for yourself," Flash said. "I'm home."

"What can I say?" Mr. Harrington said. "The squeaky wheel gets the upgrade grease. Uh, everyone get settled, rest up because tonight, big surprise, is Prague's annual Carnival of Lights."

"Yeah!" one of Hailey's classmates said.

"Hello?" Peter said as answered the phone and walked away.

Hailey noticed him walking away while every talked amongst themselves. Ned noticed as well and walked over.

"The good news is, we've all got our own rooms," Mr. Harrington announced.

Everyone cheered at the announcement.

They all went up to their room and dropped off their things and unpacked a little. Mr. Harrington called them a bit later. Everyone was ready to go to the carnival. 

"Where do you think Peter keeps disappearing off too?" Hailey whispered to Chase as they and their class followed their teachers back to the hotel.

"I don't know," Chase said. "But I am starting to think that you're right about the Peter being Spider - Man thing. He wasn't there when Spider - Man saved us back in Washington and he wasn't with when we were running for our lives."

"See?" Hailey said. "Something is up.?

"Good news everyone," Mr. Harrington said when they got to back to the hotel. 

The class were sitting down with different the glowy sticks in different shapes and colors.

"We're going to the opera," Mr. Harrington announced. 

None of the class seemed thrilled.

"Are you kidding me?"

"Don't look at me," Mr. Dell said.

"What happened to the carnival?" Maddie asked.

"Oh, this is upgrading," Mr. Harrington said. "Come on. The tour company just gave us these tickets. For free! Do you have any idea how much opera tickets cost?"

"No, because none of us have ever wanted to go to the opera, ever," Flash explained. 

"Yeah, none of us have any interest in going," Chase added. 

"Well, I think this is gonna be culturally enriching for us," Ned said.

"Thank you, Ned," Mr. Harrington said.

"What?" Justin said. 

"Everyone, this is gonna be, maybe, the best four hours of the whole trip," Mr. Harrington said.

"Four hours?" the class exclaimed.

"Guys, I think this gonna be really fun," Ned said. "Seriously."

"Uh - uh," Justin shook his head. "It's not, my dude."

The class got dressed for the opera and headed out.

Fireworks were exploding from the sky and it seemed like the entire population of Prague were at the Carnival of Lights.

"I bet now you're all happy I had you take a nice outfit," Mr. Harrington said as he, Mr. Dell and the class headed to the opera.

"Even if he didn't, Mom would've still forced us to pack something nice," Chase said to Hailey.

She smiled.

"Yeah, because we'd much rather go to a four - hour opera instead of the biggest party of the world," Flash said sarcastically.

"Again," Mr. Dell said, "don't look at me."

Chase walked ahead to talk to MJ, leaving Hailey and Peter to talk side by side.

"Okay, here we are," Mr. Harrington said when they got to the opera house. "Beat the rush."

"Yea, the rush out," Mr. Dell said.

"Lucky for us, we got the best seat in the house," Mr. Harrington said, enthusiastically.

Mr. Harrington led the way to their seats.

Hailey and Brad slowly followed. 

Hailey was too busy admiring the building.

"Hey, I'll save you a seat," Brad offered.

Hailey only smiled as he headed to their seats.

Peter walked up from behind her.

"You look really pretty," Peter complimented her, nervously.

"Oh, thank you," Hailey said, blushing. "You like great."

"Thanks," Pete smiled nervously.

They both laughed nervously. 

"Oh, my gosh!" Betty exclaimed from the entrance. "Opera glasses!"

"So cute," Ned said.

"Can I..."

Hailey and Peter turned back to each other.

"Wanna go in on a pair?" Hailey asked.

"You mean, sit next to each other?" 

"Yeah," she said. 

A moment passed.

"No," he suddenly said.

"Oh," Hailey said, disappointedly. "Okay. You don't have to sit next to me or, no, you just don't want the glasses?"

Peter covered one of his ears. 

"I didn't mean that," Peter said.

"If you go ahead, I'll go grab us a pair," Peter said.

"I'll save you a seat next to me," Hailey said, feeling better knowing what Peter meant.

"Okay," he smiled.

Hailey before she headed over to the seats. She found a seat and made sure to keep one empty for Peter. 

Ned and Betty joined the class. Betty took one of the empty seats next to Hailey and Ned next to Betty,

Ned leaned over to Hailey.

"Hey, Hailey," Ned said.

"Yeah?" Hailey said, turning her attention to Ned as Brad took the empty seat between him and Hailey.

"Uh, Peter is sick," Ned lied.

"He is?" Hailey said. "He was fine just a second ago."

"Yeah, I guess he just suddenly felt bad," Ned said.

"Oh," Hailey said, hiding her disappointedly.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Hailey said.

The curtains opened and music began playing. 

Hailey looked back, hoping to see Peter there, but he wasn't.

She sighed, hoping that Peter would come back, but he didn't.

She bit her lip and got up.

Brad watched her leave.

Chase turned around as Hailey left the opera.