01 - Morning Routine

Like every other morning during the weekend, Hailey Freeman would wake up early in the morning for her morning run. It became a part of her routine. 

Hailey had an alarm set for seven am.

The alarm rang, waking Hailey with a start. She took a deep breath when she woke up. 

Hailey groaned as she shut her alarm clock off and got out of bed. As much as she didn't want to run that morning, she knew she skipped that day, she would never forgive herself. 

She never forgave herself for skipping last week. 

Hailey walked over to her closet and pulled out her leggings and a t - shirt to wear. She brushed her teeth and got ready for her morning running. She made herself a small breakfast before she went off on her run. 

She ran to Central Park, which was a twenty minute run from her house.

Even at this time, New York was still busy. People were rushing to work and cars were honking and swearing at each other as Hailey ran. She accidentally ran into a few people who swore at her for bumping into them. 

Hailey didn't look back. She learned to never do that. It will only make matters worse if she responded. 

Hailey ran to Central Park and back.

On the run back home, she stopped at a coffee shop to get coffee and bagels for her and her family, who were just about to wake up.

Hailey texted them, letting know that she's on the way home with bagels and coffee.

At this point, Hailey ran as much as she normally did and waked the rest of the time home. Thankfully, her parents coffee weren't too cold when she got home. It was warm enough for them to drink.

"Thank you, Hailey," her father, Jeremy, said.

"You are welcome, Dad," Hailey smiled as she handed her father his morning coffee and bagel.

"Which is mines, Hailey?" her brother, Chase, asked.

"It's in that bag," Hailey pointed towards a bag closest to their mother who had just placed the plates on the table.

"Thank you," Chase said, picking that bag up and opening it up.

"Did you get cream cheese, sweetheart?" her mother, Olivia, asked.

"Yeah, everyone has cream cheese inside their bags," Hailey responded as she pulled out her earbuds and set her phone on the table. 

She picked up her iced coffee and bag that contained her bagel and sat next to Chase.

She pulled out her bagel and placed it on her plate and pulled out the cream cheese.

"Here is your money back," Jeremy said, pulling out a twenty dollars and giving it to Hailey.

"Thanks," Hailey said, accepting the money from her father and placing it under her phone.

"Hailey, did you get me my bagel?" Hailey's older sister and the oldest of the Freeman siblings, Rachel, asked as she came out of her room.

Rachel had recently graduated college and has been living with the family until she found an apartment. She had found herself a job, but has been trying to find an apartment to move into. Jeremy and Olivia were more than willing to let her live with them until she found herself a place to live in. 

"Yeah, it's on the table," Hailey pointed to the the last bag.

"Is Daisy spending the weekend with us?" Rachel asked, referring to the second of the Freeman siblings.