04 - Venice, Italy

The plan landed and everyone got out of the plan and Mr. Harrington and Mr. Dell started to gather the students around. 

Hailey looked around to notice someone is missing

"Where's Peter?" Hailey asked Chase.

Chase looked around to notice that Peter was missing.

"I'm here!" Peter said, catching up with the group.

Hailey sighed, relieved.

"Mr. Harrington!" Peter siad. "I'm here, I'm here!"

"Wait, wait, wait, Peter's here," Mr. Harrington said, stopping the group. "Thank goodness."

The school group took a boat through the Grand Canale in Venice. Most of the group were taking photos and videos of Venice. 

Chase took a selfie of him, Hailey and their friends.

"Send me the pictures," Maddie said. "I've got a picture printer back home. I'll print a couple and give them to you."

"Yeah," Elizabeth said. "Yeah, do that."

Their boat pulled up to the most dingy-looking hotel in the area. With scaffolding covering the front, the 'hotel' sign hanging 'by a thread'.

"Looks like we're here," Mr. Harrington said. "They're doing some renovations to the place. Getting some upgrades."

"This place is trash," a student said.

"That much be the concierge," Mr. Harrington, noticing a man that works at the hotel.

***

"Everyone, here we are!" Mr. Harrington announced. 

He took in the desolated insides of the hotel. It was just as bad as the outside, maybe even worse. A cat was standing on a table and it meowed. 

Mr. Harrington took a step into a puddle of water.

"Oh, whoa... whoa, whoa," Mr. Dell said.

"Tell me we're not staying here," MJ said.

"This is so..." Maddie began.

"Gross?" Chase said.

Hailey looked at the hotel, hoping that this isn't the hotel they're staying in.

"This place is sinking," Flash said.

"I think you mean charming!" Mr. Harrington said with feign enthusiasm.

"Okay, everybody," Mr. Dell said. "Drop your bags off and we're gonna meet at the Da Vinci museum at 3. Let's go!"

"Vamanos!" Mr. Harrington said.

"It's andiamo," MJ corrected.

"Andiamo!" Mr. Harrington said.

"When in Rome, you do as Romans do," Mr. Dell said. "When you're in Venice, your socks get wet.

The students grumbled.

Hailey was sharing a room with her brother. Their peers weren't allowed to share a room with the opposite gender. Since Hailey and Chase were siblings, they were an exception and were allowed to share a room together.