10 - Phone Calls

"So you guys know too?" Ned asked smiling.

Hailey took a deep breath. 

"It's cool," Ned said.

"Wow," Chase said. 

"I've known first and I've known longer, but it's not a competition," Ned said.

Chase nodded.

He sat back down.

"How - how long?" Chase asked Ned. "How long have - have you known about Peter being Spider - Man?"

"Remember what happened at the Washington Monument?"

"Yeah?"

"Before that," Ned said. "It was sorta an accident. Hannah and I were waiting for Peter in his room when we saw him crawl on the ceiling. But looking back, I think Hannah might've known."

"Hannah?" Hailey said. "Hannah Quill?" 

"Yeah," Chase said.

"Wasn't she one of your friends, Chase?" Hailey asked.

"Oh, yeah, she was," Chase nodded. "I haven't heard from her for a while though."

"Yeah, well," Ned said, "she's all grown up, isn't she? Peter and I are still in contact with her."

"Oh, really?" Chase said, getting up again. "I wanna talk to her? Can you give me her number or something to contact her?"

"Yeah, sure," Ned said. "Give me your phone. I'll type in her number."

Chase gave Ned his phone and Ned typed in the number.

"Alright," Hailey said, "you heard Peter. Ned call his aunt."

"Right, right," Ned said. 

Ned dialed May Parker's phone number.

He put the call on speaker for Chase and Hailey to hear.

"Hello?" May said.

"Hello? Hi, May," Ned said.

"Hi, Ned!" May said. "I heard that you guys are coming back. Everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah," Ned said. "Um, so, Peter has some Spider - Man stuff to do here in Europe and he told me to tell you to call Mr. Harrington and tell him that he has family here and can stay with them."

"Spider - Man stuff?" May repeated. "What happened?"

Ned began to explain everything that has happened.

After he finished explaining, there was a pause. 

Hailey and Chase stared at Ned and the phone, waiting for Peter's aunt to say something.

Hailey bit her lip, anxiously.

"So, Mysterio is a bad guy and everything that is happening is all holograms?" May said.

"Yeah," Ned said. 

"Alright," May said. She sounded almost frantic. "Alright. I'll call Mr. Harrington right now and tell him."

"Great," Ned said. "Okay."

"Bye, Ned," May said. "See you when you come back."

"Bye."

Ned ended the call and looked up at the Freeman siblings.

Hailey sighed in relief. 

"Okay," Hailey stood up. "Okay, what about us? We're going back to New York and Peter will be here. What happens now?"

"I -" Ned began.

Chase's phone began to ring. He took out his phone and looked at the caller ID.

"Oh, shit, it's Mom," Chase said. 

"Oh, my - Mom is probably freaking out right now," Hailey said.

"Oh, God," Chase said. "We have to answer the call. She'll freaking out even more if we don't answer."

"Then answer it!"

Chase answered the call.

"Hey, Mom," Chase said, in a high pitched voice. He placed the call on speaker. "How's it going?"

"Chase?" his mother said. "Chase? Are you okay? Where's your sister? Where's Hailey?"

"Mom, I'm here," Hailey spoke. 

"Oh, good," she said. "You two kids okay?"

"Yeah, we're good," Chase said, looking up at Hailey, who was standing.

"The school just contacted us," their father said. "They told us that you guys are coming back home early."

"Yeah," Chase said, sadly. "The trip has been fun, minus all the danger."

"Yeah, well," Jeremy said, "they want to keep you safe."

"We're going to London tomorrow," Ned said.

"Who's that?"

"That was Ned," Hailey said. 

"You remember Ned, right?" Chase asked his parents. "He was in the decathlon team with me."

"Oh, yeah," Jeremy said. "I remember Ned."

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Freeman," Ned said. 

"You're going to London tomorrow you say?" Hailey and Chase's mother said.

"Yeah," Ned said. "That's what Mr. Harrington said."

"Good. The sooner you kids come home the better."

"Will you calm down?" Jeremy asked his wife. "The kids are safe with their teachers."

Hailey, Chase and Ned shared a look.

"Mom, we're fine," Hailey assured her mother. "We're safe, we're at the hotel."

"Good."

"Good thing we raise good kids who follow the rules," Jeremy said. "Especially on this trip."

"Yeah," Chase laughed, nervously. "We've been good kids and not gotten ourselves into danger."

"Yeah, Hailey said. "Mom, Dad, I think it would be a good idea we get our things ready for tomorrow."

"Oh, yeah. Good. Go pack your stuff. We'll meet you at the airport."

The phone call ended and Chase put his phone away.

"Okay, um, we better get packing," Chase said, standing up. "We'll see you in a bit, Ned."

"Yeah," Ned said. "See ya guys later."

"Bye, Ned."

The duo left Peter's room and went to Chase's room.