07 - Night Monkey

Hailey walked into the carnival, trying to find Peter

Hailey walked into the carnival, trying to find Peter. He can't be sick. There's no way he can be sick.

"Hailey," Chase said. "Hailey."

"What?" Hailey said.

"What are you doing?" Chase asked.

"Looking for Peter," Hailey said. 

"Peter?"

"Yeah, he said he was going to get us a pair of glasses then Ned told me he was sick," Hailey said. "There's no way he's sick. I don't believe it."

They stopped in front of a statue. Smoke was coming out from underneath.

"Chase!" Hailey said, she grabbed his wrist.

Chase looked down only to see the ground breaking and lava coming out.

"Oh my God," Chase said.

The lava wrapped itself around the statue as the carnival attendees began to run away. 

Chase grabbed Hailey's as they began to run away from the statue. 

A monster came out of the lava, causing some of its lava to fall on the ground.

The fire elemental destroyed a car as people screamed and ran away.

The elemental continued to destroy things when Mysterio appeared. 

"Is that - is that -?" Hailey began.

"Mysterio," Chase said. "Hailey, come on, we gotta get out of here."

Chase began to pull Hailey away to hide.

Hailey saw someone in a black suit jump into the scene and shot out spiderwebs.

"Chase, Chase," Hailey said.

"What?" Chase said. "What?"

"Look," Hailey said, pointing at the person in the black suit. "Do you see the person in the black suit?"

"Yeah?"

"They just shot out spiderwebs," Hailey said.

"So?" Chase said.

"I think it's Spider-Man," Hailey, "but just in a different suit."

"What? Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure, Chase," Hailey insisted. "If you were Spider - Man, would you show up in the same suit after what happened at the Washington Monument?"

"No," Chase said.

"Exactly," Hailey said.

The fire elemental roared and it punched the wall where the person in the black suit was in. He jumped out of the way before he got punched. He landed on the carousel and the elemental went after him.

"Hailey, we gotta go," Chase said. "We need to find Ned and Betty and -"

"Ned and Betty are here?" Hailey cut him off.

"Yeah," he said. "When Betty saw you leave, she and Ned followed. They wanted to come here."

"Why did you come here?"

"I came to see where you went off to and after Peter ditched you -"

"That person," Hailey said, pointing at the person in the black suit, "could be Peter."

Chase sighed. "Whatever. I came after you."

"You didn't have to," Hailey said.

"You're my sister," Chase said. "And we need to get -:

The fire elemental grew bigger and roared.

Hailey looked up at the Farris wheel and saw Betty and Ned.

"Chase, Chase, Betty and Ned are up there," Hailey said.

"What?" Chase said in disbelief, looking up at the Farris wheel.

"We need to help them."

"How?" Chase asked.

Right at that moment the person in the black suit jumped in front of the Farris wheel and attempted to shoot webs at the fire elemental but failed. Mysterio came to his side and created barrier. 

More destruction was created as Mysterio and the person in the black suit attempted to defeat the fire elemental. 

The fire elemental punched the ground, causing more cracks and it caused the Farris to almost fall to the ground.

"Ned and Betty!" Hailey called out, but they couldn't hear here.

"Shit," Chase said to himself. 

Ned and Betty began to scream but from how far Chase and Hailey due to all the noise and distance between them and Chase and Hailey, the screams sounded distant.

The fire elemental heard their screams and began to head over to them but Mysterio flew up and shot green beams at it, trying to prevent it from getting to Betty and Ned. 

A few moments later, something fell to the ground and it landed in front of Chase and Hailey.

"What...?" Chase began but he didn't finish his question.

Hailey picked it up and examined it while Mysterio and the person in black fought the fire elemental.

"What is that?" Chase said.

"I don't know," Hailey said, "but it came from where they're fighting."

Chase walked over and examined it. Hailey turned it around in her hands. 

The fire elemental disappeared and green light was omitted from it. 

Hailey and Chase looked up and towards the person in black and Mysterio. He was laying on try ground,. hurt.

A man and woman wearing all black began talking to them.

"C'mon, let's get out of here," Chase said. 

He grabbed Hailey's hand and pulled her away. They both headed back to the hotel. 

"You shouldn't have left, Hailey," Chase said.

"Don't start lecturing me, Chase," Hailey said. "If anyone is gonna lecture me, it should be Mom or Dad, or both."

Chase chuckled. "Yeah, but still. Mom and Dad told us to watch out for each other on the trip."

"Yeah," she said. "Right."

"Hide that thing," Chase said, referring to the object that fell to the ground.

"I don't have a backpack or anything to hide it," Hailey said. "I'm sorry, Chase."

"For what?"

"I almost got you killed you at the carnival," Hailey said.

"It's fine," Chase said. "Luckily, we got out of there alive and Mysterio and maybe Spider-Man saved us."

"Yeah. You're finally coming around to the Peter being Spider-Man thing," Hailey said.

Chase smiled. "After what just happened, I'm slowly coming around to it."