08 - Secrets Revealed

Chase and Hailey got back to the hotel. 

"Where the hell were you two?" Maddie demanded from Chase and Hailey when they got back.

"And what happened?" Justin asked.

"A lot happened," Hailey said.

"Shit went down at the carnival of lights," Chase said. "And we saw Mysterio!"

"What?" Justin said, a smile appearing instantly on his face. "You saw him.

"Yeah," Hailey said as they went up. "Something similar appeared there, but instead of water, fire."

"What?" Elizabeth said, shocked. "Something like that thing showed up?"

"Yup," Hailey said. 

"And it was firey instead?" Justin said. "Cool. I mean, thank God you guys made it out alive, but -"

"Cool," Chase said.

Chase couldn't help but smile.

"What's this?" Elizabeth asked, noticing what Hailey was holding.

"Oh, it's nothing," Chase quickly said.

Elizabeth looked at them, suspiciously.

"Well, um, I'm gonna go to my room," Hailey said, "I'll see you guys in a bit."

"Wait," Maddie said, "I just remembered."

"What is it?" Chase asked.

"The trip is over," Maddie said.

"What?" Chase and Hailey said in unison.

"But - but -" Chase stuttered.

"The trip just started," Hailey said.

"We know," Elizabeth said. "But with those things coming out of the ground..."

"Parents are worried," Justin said.

"Oh, come on," Chase said. "Sure, there was a bit of danger, but the trip just started. We can't go home yet."

Hailey sighed. "When are we leaving?"

"The morning," Elizabeth said.

"The morning?" Chase repeated. "But - but - but -"

"We know, Chase," Justin said. 

Hailey shook her head. 

"I'll - I'll see you guys in a bit," she said. 

She headed over to her room and closed the door behind her before any of her friends could protest. 

She set the thing that she got from the carnival on her bed and stared at it for a moment.

Hailey began to hear voices outside of her room. She recognized Peter and Ned's voices.

She waited until it was all quiet before she opened her bedroom door. Peter was still standing outside.

"Hey," she said.

"Hey," he said, smiling.

"Where were you?" Hailey asked.

"Um, I got lost," he lied.

"We were worried about you."

"Oh."

"Good that you're back," Hailey smiled.

"Yeah," Peter agreed.

"So much for Paris, right?" she said.

"It would've been fun," Peter said.