Red

Ren

I strode up to my throne and sat down, tucking my tail around my legs. I was nearly ready to head through the rift. I relaxed into my throne, kicking my dog-like legs up onto the armrest of the throne.

"ᔑ╎ᑑᔑ⨅?" I called out, "are you there?"

"Yes, Rendog?" The voice spoke directly into my mind.

"Are you certain Etho can help?" I asked, "he doesn't seem like someone to suddenly join the Watchers".

"Oh he's one of us, has been ever since we altered his code when he got trapped in limbo for months" the voice sneered, "he doesn't know it, of course. He was the perfect candidate, strong, well-liked, but also feared. Him getting stuck between seasons has been the best thing that's ever happened to us".

"Ah" I paused, before adding in a lower voice, "the Hermit's will never know what hit them".

"Indeed" ᔑ╎ᑑᔑ⨅ said gleefully, "everything will be ours".

I grinned broadly. Everything was going according to plan.

"Etho is on his way" the voice continued, "you best go to the rift now".

"Yes I shall go now" I paused, "do you know what's on the other side?"

"We don't know but we suspect it's some kind of inter dimensional rift" the voice paused, "in other words, a portal to another server. Whatever it is they have protection against us so we cannot access it".

"Interesting" I mused. I let out a sigh and hauled myself to my feet. I equipped my elytra and strode over to the window. I leapt out into the open air, feeling the wind on my skin. I felt myself drop before I fired a rocket. I flew towards Grian's base, which is where I knew the rift was located. The area in question loaded into view. I saw an entrance to a massive cave. This must be it.

I glided carefully down into it. Inside the cave I noticed a huge machine which looked eerily like Grumbot. I shook my head, no time to get distracted. I landed softly on the floor and turned around. There it was. A giant portal to who knows where. I suddenly realised Etho was there too.

"Etho" I greeted him warmly.

"Hey Ren" he replied, "ready?"

I looked him in the eye.

"Born ready".

I took Etho's hand and together we walked into the rift. I felt the sickening lurch as they were transported. It felt like falling with no end. Suddenly I felt Etho's hand disappear. I opened my eyes and immediately coughed. I seemed to be underground? I couldn't stand or sit up. I was completely trapped.

"Hello?" I called hoarsely.

"Hello?" A voice called back.

"I'm under the ground" I yelled, "I'm not sure how but I am".

"Hold on lemme get you out" the voiced told me. A moment later a shovel broke through the surface, narrowly missing my arm.

"Careful dude" I laughed, "you nearly took my arm off".

"Sorry" said the voice.

The shovel broke through the dirt again, dislodging more earth. The shovel went in five times, and on the sixth try he saw light. It was dim light, but it was better than nothing. More earth fell away until I could see my rescuer. I coughed and stood up, brushing myself off. As I did so I studied the person who dug me out.

The man had warm brown hair with a neat beard. He sported a black coat with brown leather pants.

"I'm guessing you're another Hermit?" The man questioned, "my name is Pixlriffs, but you can call me Pix".

"Hello Pix" I smiled, "my name is Ren".

"Ah I've heard of you" he murmured, "Bdubs talked about what a great king you are".

"Why thank you" I felt flattered.

"Would you like some gear to help you get started?" Pix offered, "it's really no bother".

"No thank you" I declined, "I'd rather get started myself".

"Fair enough" Pix laughed, "guess I'll see you soon?"

"Yep" I responded, "thanks for digging me up haha".

"You're welcome" Pix did a tiny bow, "I'll see you later".

I waved goodbye to him. I walked up the tunnel to the surface, my paws padding on the stone floor. When I reached daylight I took a deep breath. Fresh air had never felt so nice. The hole had made me feel very claustrophobic, one of the perks of being half dog. I spun around, wondering which direction to go. I wanted to find Bdubs but I'd have to get some gear first. I decided on a direction and began walking.

After around an hour I came to a cliff. I looked down and saw a beautiful savannah island in the middle of a lake. It would make a great home. I looked down, trying not to feel sick. Steeling my nerves, I jumped.

The cold water shocked me, and I struggled for the surface. I gasped for air. I liked water, just not cold water. I began swimming to the island. It didn't take very long but when I scrambled onto the shore I felt exhausted. I lay on the grass gasping for breath.

"Well done Rendog" the voice made me jump, "you must find Etho and Bdoubleo".

"Yes I know" I said, annoyed, "just let me rest for a bit". The voice didn't respond. I guessed it was unimpressed but that wasn't my problem. I shut my eyes. I was so tired and sleep came for me immediately.