Symmetry

Side note: PLEASE if you are not a False fan watch Prismarina's video on False lore before reading!!

False

I had the sensation of something pricking my skin. As I grew to be more conscious I felt strong hands dragging me across what felt like a wooden floor? I winced as I felt more splinters prick me. I slowly forced my eyes open, blinking as the sudden burst of light blinded me. I saw a large room with wooden beams suspended across the ceiling. I turned my attention to my captor. Oh dear.

It was False.

Not me, False. The other one. The one who was never meant to be here. My twin turned her head and noticed my eyes staring at her.

"You're awake" the False promptly dropped me.

"What are you doing?" I rubbed my throbbing head with a wince. The other False crouched down and stared me in the eye. It was like looking in a mirror.

"I figured it out" the other one whispered, "we're the same, but different".

"I had hoped you'd never find out anything" I sighed, "I tried so hard to avoid you..."

"I deserve answers!" The twin hissed, "why did you create me?!"

"I didn't mean to! I don't even know how I did it" I cried, standing up, "let's just go our separate ways and forget this happened..."

"Never! Only one of us can remain on this server" the other one growled, "one of us surely have to die".

"We'll be gone soon once we figure out how to open the rift again" I protested, "I don't want to fight you".

"It's all your fault" my twin shouted, "even when you were on Hermitcraft I could feel you. Squirming around in my mind and memories like a worm".

"I'm sorry, I don't even know how this happened" I sighed.

"It's torture" my twin mumbled, "I don't even know who I am anymore. I hurt people while I'm asleep and I can't forgive myself for that". I stared at her, not knowing what to say.

"But at the same time it's exhilarating" my twin looked at me with a grin, "it feels nice to be free".

"I-" I was lost for words.

"There can only be one" my twin raised her sword, "I challenge you. Winner gets to live and loser dies. It's simple".

"I don't want to fight you" I shook my head.

"You don't get a choice!" My twin suddenly lunged at me, swinging her sword at my hip. I however was skilled in battle and quickly dodged the blow. I dodged again and again as the other False tried to strike me. Suddenly I felt a searing pain in my left thigh and realised I had been struck.

"You and I are the same" my twin said breathlessly, "meaning I can fight just as good".

I realised she was right. I found myself having to fight back. I had the sudden opportunity to impale ny twin through the stomach. Feeling queasy, I dodged instead. Fear settled in as I remembered respawn was disabled. Unless I managed to convince my twin to not kill me, I might have to do the unthinkable.

"Stop!" I shouted at her, "if one of us die we'll be gone forever".

"That's the point!" My twin screeched, "and it won't be me!"

I felt the butt of my twin's sword make contact with my forehead. Blackness threatened to take me and I wearily raised my shield to block another attack. I could do nothing but defend as my twin struck at me relentlessly. My shield cracked in half and my twin had free reign.