Fog

Etho

I was in a world of agonising pain. I whimpered and clutched his head, trying to block out the pain. My memory was foggy and I struggled to remember the events in the last few hours. I felt a warm object suddenly lay on my chest.

"Hmmph?" I murmured, trying to open my eyes.

"Shhh, it's just me" came Bdub's voice, "are you okay?"

"What happened?" I tried to sit up but Bdubs pushed me back down.

"I'll tell you in the morning, just try and sleep" he responded.

I was too tired to argue. I wrapped my arms around Bdub's torso and let out a sigh. I was immediately pulled into sleep.

I opened my eyes tentatively. I touched my hand to my head, feeling relief. The pain was gone.

"ᒷℸ ̣ ⍑" came a voice in a language I didn't understand, "you have done well".

"What?" I was very confused, "what did I do?"

"No worries, your friend will explain all when you leave this mind space" the voice replied, "but there is something you must do".

I felt a pain in my head like my skull was being split in two by an axe. My eyes slammed shut tightly from the pain. I groaned and clutched his head, my breathing becoming rapid and shaky.

"Do not fear" the voice comforted, "this will only last a moment".

I forced my eyes open to see letters, numbers and symbols in bright shades of neon purple falling around me. I felt something large and feathery weighing me down. I looked over my shoulder to discover a pair of pale purple wings protruding from my back. Confusion settled in.

"What's happening?" I asked, looking around with wide eyes.

"Do not worry" the voice hissed, "just do as we say and do it".

"Do what?" I demanded.

All of a sudden I felt my hands move on their own. Movements that were not my own typed in a command in a language I didn't understand. A section of the falling symbols enlarged and came closer than me. My body then typed in a second command.

/gamemode hardcore @e

The symbols faded, as well as my headache.

"Good, I see you can listen" the voice sounded smug.

"You know I can" a voice that wasn't my own slithered out. I tried to speak, but only managed to bring tears to my eyes.

"Awww the tough guy is sad" the voice said with contempt, "how... terrible".

"What is happening?" I managed to choke out.

"You need not worry" the voice growled, "it is time you woke up now".

"What?" I felt my body disappear as I was pulled roughly into the waking world.

"Etho?" Bdub's concerned voice was the first thing I noticed, "are you okay? You were dreaming".

I managed to crack my eyes open a tad. There was faint light coming from behind the curtains, showing it was morning. I coughed and sat up, eyes wide.

"Etho?" My eyes focused as Bdub's waved his hand in front of my face.

"Bdubs..." I murmured, "what happened?"

"You, Ren, Tango, Scott, Scar and I attacked Hermitopia" Bdub's face was filled with worry, "you were... not yourself".