Caution

Impulse

I was determined to find Grian. I owed him that much, after he stopped Tango from killing me. Fear had paralysed me to the point where I was just frozen. If it wasn't for Grian, I wasn't sure I'd still be here. The shock of Tango's betrayal had hurt me to the core.

"Let's check the arena" Pearl jolted me out of my thoughts, "it's the only place that hasn't been burnt so if he's here he'd probably hide there".

"Good idea" I agreed. I followed after Pearl in silence. I personally didn't think Grian was here but I knew it was better to be safer than sorry.

The two of us arrived at the entrance of the arena. It looked completely untouched in comparison to the rest of the empire, which consisted of rubble and charred logs. I peered cautiously around, while Pearl just charged right in.

"Grian?" She called, "are you here?". The pair paused to listen for any possible response but none came.

"Grian?" Impulse spoke up, "It's Impulse and Pearl". I pulled my jacket tighter around me, letting out a sigh. I don't think Grian is here.

"Should we look elsewhere?" Pearl asked. I nodded. If Grian was here he would have responded. Pearl walked to the outside of the arena with me beside her.

"I do hope he's okay" I murmured. I bit my lip in worry, hoping Grian was okay. I saw Pearl glance at me with a concerned expression.

"He saved you from Tango didn't he?" I nodded, "Cleo told me about it".

"If it weren't for him I probably would've had the same fate as Joel" I said grimly, "and we don't even know what became of him".

"Yeah, all we know is that he's not dead" Pearl sighed, "hopefully we'll find him with Grian".

"Yeah hopefully" I replied, "but with the Watchers on Ren's side we have no idea what they're capable of".

"Right" Pearl agreed, "we have to be careful". I felt a sudden buzz from my communicator. I lifted his wrist so I could check it, quickly scanning the messages.

<Xisuma> I don't think he's here. Let's meet up and we'll decide what to do next

<ZombieCleo> We'll be right there

<ShubbleYT> Us too

I was surprised we were cutting our search of Sanctuary short. It had been barely thirty minutes since we split off.

"We better head back" I informed Pearl, "Xisuma is cutting the Sanctuary search short".

"Probably a wise idea" Pearl replied, "I really think Ren has taken him".

Together the two of us walked back in silence. When the meeting point came into view, we realised webwere the last ones to get back.

"Where to next?" I  asked as we approached.

"I think we need to check Hermitopia" Xisuma said quietly, "if Ren's taken him that's where he'll be".

"But how will we get in without someone seeing us?" Katherine retorted.

"I have some invisibility potions on me" Shelby spoke up, "I should have enough for all of us".

"Great thinking" Pearl smiled at her. Shelby grinned back.

"Yes that will work" Xisuma agreed, "let's sneak as close as we can then we'll drink the potions and slip inside".

"Scott may or may not be there. I'm not sure if he's still at his empire or not" Pearl said, "Tango and Scar will likely be there though. As well as Ren obviously".