Monster

Ren

I hated myself. I hated what I was, and I hated what I'd become.

But now it was far too late to turn back. It was too late for redemption or forgiveness. Nothing but pure rage and darkness filled my heart. Never would I bow to Xisuma or any of the others. I was king, but also a monster. I let out a low chuckle. Who was I to care? As long as my sword ran red with my enemies blood I didn't care.

I once had many friends, one even more than a friend. But that was the past. I'd changed and they had to accept that. The Red King was merely a taste of what was to come.

"You are doing well" the voice rumbled.

"I would hope so" I said grimly, "I didn't come here for fun".

"This needs to finished soon" the voice ignored me, "I suspect Xisuma thinks the same. It won't be long".

"I've been making a plan to attack" I grinned, "they won't see it coming".

"No" the voice snapped, "let them come to you. We will know when they try to attack because we can view some of their coordinates at any time".

"Hmm, if you say so" I mused.

"Do not worry, if we feel you are losing we will unleash the backup plan".

"What is the back up plan?" I growled, "you keep mentioning it".

"That is for us to know and you to find out" it responded, "but we promise she will ruin any chance they have of winning".

"She?" I blinked, "it's a person?"

"I said not to ask questions".

"Right" I rolled my eyes, "is there anything else?"

"We advise you keep an eye on Bdoubleo".

"This again?" I snarled, "I told you I trust him".

"Then we have to take your word for it" the voice replied, "we know you would be saddened if we were to take his mind".

"Bdubs has been with me from the start" I said, "he supports me fully".

"As long as you're sure".

And I was sure.

Pearl

It was nearly time.

I let out a huff of nerves as I polished the gleaming blue blade of my sword. We were going to go free Grian, and defeat Ren and end this nightmare once and for all. Anticipation filled my body.

"Pearl are you ready?" I glanced behind me to see Cleo, who was fully kitted out in diamond armour with a sword strung to her hip.

"Yep" I gave my sword one last wipe with the cloth before putting it away. I put the sword back in its holster.

"Good" Cleo smiled, "Xisuma wants to talk to everyone before we leave".

"Oh okay" I nodded.

Cleo turned and walked out the door, myself right behind her. The light was just beginning to fade and the moon was rising. I noticed Xisuma standing over by the fountain, surrounded by what looked to be every other Hermit and Emperor. Cleo and I walked silently over and stood to listen.

"Today my friends we end this" Xisuma announced, Fwip at his side "we free Grian, defeat Ren and free our friends minds". Cheers of support and agreement sounded throughout the crowd.

"We shall tolerate this dictator no longer" Fwip added, "this is OUR server Emperors, not this foreigner's". The Empires members whooped with delight.

"A few warnings I must give first" Xisuma spoke up, "do NOT attack Bdubs. He is on our side".