Chapter 10🌧️

The thud alerted Rei who was working in the other room. She quickly made her way to the living room where the sound emanated from.

"Boys what's- OH MY GOODNESS! SHOTO!" The white-haired woman rushed to her son's side desperately trying to wake him up.

"We were playing and- and- he slipped and-" Bakugo words came out messy and jumbled, for once in his life he was speechless and not in a good way.

"No time for explanations call an ambulance if he has a concussion this could be serious." She stated, handing him her phone.

He typed in the number for emergency services as Rei set Shoto onto the couch. Passing the phone back to the worried mother Katsuki took the time to admire Kazumi's beautiful features.

He looked so fragile when he was asleep, like a butterfly, soft and gentle. Or maybe a snowflake. Perfect in every way.

'Ugh begone gay thoughts this is not the time!' He thought to himself.

"They'll be here soon, they said to get him downstairs so we don't waste time. If you want to stay here you can I don't want to trouble you with this." The older Kazumi said as she struggled to pick up her unconscious son.

"No no no I'll come with, I can carry him if you want, you can open the doors for me" The blond outstretched his arms. She smiled and kissed Shoto's forehead setting him into the other's hold.

"Alright let's go."

Admittedly it was easier for Bakugo to hold him than it was for Rei. So the process took less time.

Instead of waiting for the elevator they ran down the stairs, Katsuki going two at a time.

They made it just as the ambulance pulled up.

A pair of paramedics helped the red-eyed boy situate the peppermint onto a stretcher while another pair questioned Rei on the accident and Kazumi's medical history.

Once all was said and done the mother told Bakugo only a relative or spouse could go in the ambulance so he could meet them there if he felt like. Nodding he watched as the two ice-wielders were driven down the street, past a corner, and out of his sight.

"What a day..."