Chapter 25🧸

"What the- oh my god..KARA!"

/ / /

"So I have to tell you something." Bakugo started.

"Go on?" She asked.

"I'm leaving soon, in two days to be exact." He said, Kara's face turned to shock then sadness.

"Oh..." She could barely contain her disappointment.

"Yeah...so I guess we probably won't be seeing each other again. Not for a while at least." Bakugo continued.

This wasn't good, she had to do something.

"Let me come with you! I can transfer schools! I'll have my mom pay for the ticket and everything!" Desperation was clear in her tone.

"I don't think that's a good idea.."

"Why? Because of Kazumi? He's not good for you Katsuki."

"What do you mean?" Now he was confused.

"He's not the one. Can't you see he doesn't care about you? He left you just like that at the park. He went to skate by himself at the rink, leaving my sister alone."

"I mean I guess..." Bakugo agreed.

"See? You know it too! And I didn't want to tell you this, but you know that plushie you bought him?"

Shoto had shown Nari the plushie a few days back, Kara happened to take notice of it.

"Yeah? The bunny? What about it?"

"He threw it out..." Kara whispered. "I overheard him telling my sister how ugly it was, how much he hated it and how stupid you were for believing he actually liked it." She explained.

Bakugo's spirit was crushed. He was so sure he made Shoto happy with the gift. Shoto seemed so excited...Was it...was it all a lie?

Did Shoto just say it to be nice?

Did he really hate the present?

"Is this true?" Bakugo asked.

"Mhm 100% true. I didn't want to tell you because I knew how much you cared about him." She placed a hand on his thigh.

"I'm sorry Katsuki. I know this is difficult to process."

He couldn't believe it. Shoto lied to him.

"Actually, my parents bought a second ticket for me to invite a friend back when I was still on a class trip. They didn't refund if yet. If you want, you could take it." He said.

She smiled, it worked.

"Yes! I'd love too!" She threw her arms around the blond, and he hugged her back.

/ / /

They hung out for a bit more, then Kara had to go.

Bakugo said goodbye and closed the door. Turning around he saw Shoto watching him.

"Hey."

Bakugo said nothing.

"Bakugo?"

"I know what happened."

"You do?" Shoto was surprised, how did he hear them?

"I can't believe you would do that!" He yelled. "I trusted you! I cared about you!"

"What? What are you talking about? I didn't even decide yet-"

"Decide what? That you actually want to be friends? That you want to stop being friends? If that's even what we were."

Kazumi had no idea what was happening.

"Katsuki what..."

"I'm leaving, in two days. I'll be out of your hair by then." He said.

Shoto tensed up. 'Leaving?'

"Wait! I'm leaving too. I'm going back to Japan, to inherit my grandmother's company."

Bakugo froze.

"Really? I guess it makes sense, you've never had to work for anything in your life. Everything is just handed to you. Whether you like it or not."

"I don't like the idea of having to change my name, but I don't know what else to do."

"Change your name?"

"Yeah. To inherit her company I have to change my name back to Todoroki."

"Sucks for you then." He quickly left the room.

/ / /

Nari couldn't believe what she was seeing.

Shoto's plushie. Peppermint.