Running Away

Kokichis pov

"ahhhhh!"

Tears blurred my vision as I ran. My limbs and throat were on fire but I kept running. I kept screaming out my pain. My sister. My beautiful big sister who always took care of me is dead!

"kokichi wait!" I was stopped by kyokos arms pulling me into her chest.

"no! Let me go!" I fought with her but she was considerably stronger than a ten year old boy who's been trapped in a motel for a year. I gave up and sobbed into her chest.

"that's it. Good boy" she held me close and rocked me in her arms "I know it hurts kokichi-"

"you have no idea-"

"but I do!" the pain in her voice shocked me into silence "your sister was a one of a kind woman and I'm only now remembering how kind she could be. How gentle she was with you"

"I don't understand" I sobbed "I don't understand any of this!"

"I know little one" She reached out and gently wiped my tears away "but it will be ok. I promised your sister that I'd take care of you in her absence and I intend to keep that promise"

I nodded and lay against her shoulder. I was too tired to do anything else. She picked me up and walked me back to where the helicopter was.

"kokichi!" komaru ran up and hugged me "oh honey I'm so sorry you had to find out like that. We're all here for you so you're not alone. I promise" I simply nodded in response.

"let's just get going guys" mokoto muttered. He looked at me in pity before escorting us all into the helicopter.

I hugged my knees, wondering if anything will ever be the same again.