Lunch Time

Celests pov

I stroked Kokichis hair as he lay his head down on my lap. It was lunchtime and the two of us were sitting outside together. It must have been a tiring day for kokichi cause he was fast asleep. I giggled softly to myself. He's so cute!

"my I join you?" I looked up to see kyoko looking down at me.

"certainly" I smiled as I patted the seat next to me.

She nodded and sat down next to me. She looked over at kokichi with a smile "heh I'm guessing our classmates tired him out"

"yes which is impressive. He's normally such an active boy" I muttered.

The two of us laughed together. She has a surprisingly pretty laugh. I wouldn't mind hearing her laugh more..

"celest" kyokos voice caught my attention "I can't help but feel curious. Do you and kokichi... live alone?"

I didn't see the point of lying "yes. Me and kokichi ran away when we were children"

She nodded understandingly "I see. I'm sure you had your reasons so I won't pry"

"thank you" I sighed in relief. I knew there was something I liked about her.

"say would you.. like to be friends celest?" she muttered nervously, a slight blush on her cheeks. I guess she not used to asking that.

"I would be delighted to" I held out my hand gracefully. She happily shook it.

It seems like I made my first ever friend. How interesting things will become from here.