Growing Up

Kokichis pov (aged sixteen)

I woke up as the sun hit my eyes. Well time to get up!

I ran up downstairs two at a time as I put my dressing gown on. I slid into the kitchen where kyoko was cooking.

I wrapped my arms around her waist "morning kyoko!"

"morning honey" she petted my hair fondly "you're up earlier than usual"

"Well I have someone I have to visit today" I said brightly.

Mokoto peaked up from the newspaper and smiled "why don't you sit down for some breakfast first kiddo. You can't go anywhere on a empty stomach"

"ok sounds good" I nodded as I sat down opposite him. Kyoko placed a plate in front of me and ruffled my hair.

I've been living here for six years now. Mokoto and kyoko have been awesome. Like the parents I never had.

"thanks for the meal kyoko it was great!" I yelled as I stood up and ran "I'll be home later. Goodbye!"

"goodbye kokichi"

"stay safe little one"

*time skip*

I walked down the streets with a bunch of flowers in hand. The smell of autumn was in the air. I stopped in front of the important person I planned to visit.

I placed the flowers down with a sad smile "hey big sis" I muttered softly "I've finally found the time to visit. How've you been?"