A Hero Is Born Part 1

"The thing you need to understand about the old legends, is that the story is the story is never finished. There may be no pages left to turn, but there is always more to the journey. Rising from the Nether world, the Demon Bull King attacked. No one could stop him. No one could resist.

No one except...the legendary Monkie King. The Monkie King used his magical staff to pick up a nearby mountain, he trapped the Demon Bull King underneath it. Monkie King sealed the mountain with the staff that no other being could wield, trapping the Demon Bull King forever. With the battle won, the Monkie King vanished, never to be seen again. Legend says the staff still lies on top of that mountain. The one thing keeping our world from certain destruction.

And with the Demon Bull king gone...civilization was to advance into the amazing city we now live in! A city with elegant cultures, and gentle people. A city brimming with 5-star cuisine. And all because of the Monkie King."

As Tang finished his story, I could see MK's eyes light up as he jumped in his seat. "That's so good!" He yelled, tossing his book behind him, some of the pages coming out of the book and drifting in the air. 

"Monkie King's so cool, he's so strong, and handsome!" 

"Oh, MK. And I thought you knew all the Monkie King's stories." 

"Oh, but I do!" 

Mk held up a book in his arms. 

"I got his whole life documented in this unauthorized auto-biography of Monkie King!" The front of the book has a MK and Monkie doodle with a small sticker. 

"Written by yours truly." He said as he winked at the audience. He started rambling about Monkie King. Gosh, he really does know a lot about Monkie King. Tang then took one of the pages that fell out of from his book. 

"It's nice to know someone is taking in all these stories. Pearls of wisdom dripping from my lips." He then cleared his throat, catching MK's attention. 

"Well, you know the deal. One story, one free bowl of Jajangmien. Hm?" MK hummed in confusion, then realized what Tang wanted. 

"Oh right, free noodles, yep on it!" MK said as he picked up the bowl of noodles. I sighed Pigsy isn't going to happy about MK bringing Tang free noodles. Just then a wooden spoon hit MK in the head causing him to throw the noodle in the air. Pigsy caught the bowl and put it on the counter as the noodles drop back in. I sweat dropped and put on my headphones and got a book from my bag. I wasn't in the mood to hear Pigsy yelling at MK for the hundredth time this week. I relaxed as I focused on the words on my book but felt someone tap my shoulder lightly. I turned around to see Pigsy looking back at me. 

"Kid, do you think you can go with MK to make sure he doesn't get distracted giving out deliveries?" I nodded in agreement as I got up from my seat, putting my book and headphones away, and walked out of the noodles shop, hearing Pigsy yelling at Tang. As I was outside, I saw the delivery bike and MK closing up the box of orders. He noticed my presence and looked at me and smiled. 

"Hey Y/N, you coming too?" I nodded and his smile grew wider and he hopped on to the bike and patted the seat next to him. I sat down on the bike, looking out the window as we rode down the road as MK attempted to start a conversation with me. I hadn't failed to notice that we went past a sign that said 'DO NOT ENTER!' and sweat dropped. I felt the bike come to a stop and I hesitantly follow MK into an elevator. As we got out, I looked around. 

"Uh... Are you sure this is the right place MK?" I asked. 

"Don't worry Y/N, we'll be fine!" he said as he patted my head.